Korean Family Crisis

• Thread Starter Anonymous of the Auto
  • Start date
A

Anonymous of the Auto

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I was driving home on the freeway in the lane next to the fastest lane when the person traveling next to me put on their blinker to get over. I tried to move to away from them to the next right lane but instead hydroplaned and lost control of the car. I spun out and hit the car I was trying to move away from twice and we both landed in the emergency lane on the left side of the freeway. She was facing the next exit and I was facing oncoming traffic, but my car was hidden from oncoming traffic by hers. I went over to her car 3 times and knocked on the window, tried to open the door or even get her to look at me so we could exchange insurances. She was unharmed as far as I could see and the only passenger in the vehicle. She kept crying and talking on Korean (my best guess) to several different people. I walked around our cars. Hers was dented on the side and mine was only really damaged on the front vent. This woman was worrisome. She was always on her phone, crying and yelling that we needed to wait for police. I tried to tell her that we needed to go to an exit where it was safe. She insisted that I stay. Things got relly crazy when her husband and daughter came to help her but they parked on the other side of the freeway and crossed it to get to us. The daughter told her that we needed to go to an exit, which made the woman almost hysterical. I got in my car and called my father who said that if I felt unsafe I needed to move. When I hung up the husband was positioning himself in front of my car as if to keep me there. He moved when I moved forward, though. I went to the exit and called the police. They dispatched someone to come take a report.
The only thing I worry about is the fact that I am still under 25 and the husband may say that I was trying to run him over. I also worry about what would happen if they were to hire a lawyer. I don't think I could afford such. Thoughts?

They dispatched someone to come take a report.
The only thing I worry about is the fact that I am still under 25 and the husband may say that I was trying to run him over. I also worry about what would happen if they were to hire a lawyer. I don't think I could afford such. Thoughts?

You should report this INCIDENT to your insurance carrier, as required by the terms of EVERY automobile insurance policy issued in the USA.

Once you do that, ask your insurance agent or the adjuster assigned to yoru case what you MUST do next, and when it MUST be accomplished.

Other than that, talk to no one about this incident.

If the police wish to question you for any additional charges, simply say, "I will make no statements about this incident, except to comply with the law in GA about report automobile incidents."

If your insurance carrier offers conflicting advice, I suggest you follow the advice given by your insurer.

Going forward, I suggest you NOT mention race, except if asked about it for identification purposes by your insurance company or law enforcement.

I'm sure you had a smartphone.

Always turn it on to record video, and to take pictures when these incidents occur.

Back