Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders kissing a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

panthers2324

I am 15 years old & I made out with a 22 year old who was drunk. he also gave me a hickey but I came on to him & he didnt realize how old I was. what are the laws against this?

If it really was just kissing it won't likely amount to much of anything, although it certainly could be a violation of a few laws because of your age.
If it were to continue then he would be flirting with jail time. If there has been sexual contact beyond that then he is flirting with prison time.

The ages are slightly different here but same information would apply. This information is for educational/informational purposes only - not giving legal advice.

Illinois

Question:
Is it illegal to kiss a guy if I'm 16 and he's 23?

Answer:
In my interpretation of the law below, I would say kissing is not illegal in this situation, but could be risky if it were to lead to something more.

Sec. 11‑9.1. Sexual exploitation of a child.
(a) Any person commits sexual exploitation of a child if in the presence of a child and with intent or knowledge that a child would view his or her acts, that person:
(1) engages in a sexual act; or
(2) exposes his or her sex organs, anus or breast for the purpose of sexual arousal or gratification of such person or the child.

(a‑5) A person commits sexual exploitation of a child who knowingly entices, coerces, or persuades a child to remove the child's clothing for the purpose of sexual arousal or gratification of the person or the child, or both.
(b) Definitions. As used in this Section:
"Sexual act" means masturbation, sexual conduct or sexual penetration as defined in Section 12‑12 of this Code.
"Sex offense" means any violation of Article 11 of this Code or a violation of Section 12‑13, 12‑14, 12‑14.1, 12‑15, 12‑16, or 12‑16.2 of this Code.
"Child" means a person under 17 years of age.
(c) Sentence.
(1) Sexual exploitation of a child is a Class A misdemeanor. A second or subsequent violation of this Section or a substantially similar law of another state is a Class 4 felony.

(2) Sexual exploitation of a child is a Class 4 felony if the person has been previously convicted of a sex offense.

Reference - sex laws org.

I am 15 years old & I made out with a 22 year old who was drunk. he also gave me a hickey but I came on to him & he didnt realize how old I was. what are the laws against this?

If you're afraid for the dude, leave him alone.
These days, if I were a teenage girl, I'd be afraid for myself.
Some people can't turn the motor off, and want to race around the track, if you get my drift.
I suggest you just stay away from him and that booze he's drinking alone.
He could get into a very sour pickle about all of this.
You, madam, could also get some pickle juice on you for being around liquor, wine, or beer.
The best thing you can do, other than avoiding dude, is discuss this episode with mom and dad.
You shouldn't be playing with fire. You might get burned. Check out "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom".
This is the kind of stuff that messes up lives and destroys dreams.
I'm not judging or preaching, I'm just throwing this out there so people don't get hurt.

YOU are not in any kind of legal trouble at all.

Him, it depends on how much fuss your parents want to make.

I agree with that. It wouldn't be you (if that wasn't clear before cbg posted) - you are the child/minor & he is the adult -- it's all on him legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back