Finance, Investments Kirby Vacuum contract question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaqWhite

So i purchased a Kirby vacuum on 3/4/2014 and the contract does have pre-printed text that says "You have 3 business days from the above date (3/4/2014) to cancel this contract"
However at the bottom of the contract there is the Cancellation notice that you fill out and send in to cancel the contract. On this bottom part the man who handled the contract and talked to the credit company filled this out. He wrote in the date as 4/4/2014 and below that is says "You may cancel this transaction, without any penalty or obligation, within three business days from the above date," which reads 4/4/2014. So my question is even though the contract states that it has to be within 3 business days of signing the contract which was on 3/4/2014 does the Cancellation note with the date on 4/4/2014 hold up?

So i purchased a Kirby vacuum on 3/4/2014 and the contract does have pre-printed text that says "You have 3 business days from the above date (3/4/2014) to cancel this contract"
However at the bottom of the contract there is the Cancellation notice that you fill out and send in to cancel the contract. On this bottom part the man who handled the contract and talked to the credit company filled this out. He wrote in the date as 4/4/2014 and below that is says "You may cancel this transaction, without any penalty or obligation, within three business days from the above date," which reads 4/4/2014. So my question is even though the contract states that it has to be within 3 business days of signing the contract which was on 3/4/2014 does the Cancellation note with the date on 4/4/2014 hold up?

March 4th, or April 4th, it won't matter.

Its almost May 4th.

If you want to try and cancel, send the notice in to the company.

They'll likely deny it, but no harm in asking.

Your post doesn't really say but did you request cancellation within 3 busi. days after 4-4? If you did & they denied, you are probably out of luck.

I sent in the cancellation on 4/5/2014 So it would have fallen withing the 3 business days of 4/4/2014. They didn't look at the date on the contract and automatically assumed it said 3/4/2014 So they didn't contact me about it. I have been calling and talking to the finance company and the Kirby company myself. They now notice that there was a mistake made and I did make it by the 3 business days of 4/4/2014 but the contract kind of contradicts itself with the two different dates. Do I even have a fair chance of getting out of this contract?

I sent in the cancellation on 4/5/2014 So it would have fallen withing the 3 business days of 4/4/2014. They didn't look at the date on the contract and automatically assumed it said 3/4/2014 So they didn't contact me about it. I have been calling and talking to the finance company and the Kirby company myself. They now notice that there was a mistake made and I did make it by the 3 business days of 4/4/2014 but the contract kind of contradicts itself with the two different dates. Do I even have a fair chance of getting out of this contract?

No one can know what another will decide.

I suggest you put your ideas in writing and send the company a certified,return receipt requested letter.
Otherwise, if the company won't bend,off to court you must go.

What I will say, is that this particular vacuum merchant is extremely good about protecting itself legally.

While there are negative reviews all over the Internet, the actual number of successful suits against them is tiny. Even fewer are the suits concerning what is essentially a clerical error.

If I had to bet one way or the other, my money would be firmly in their corner. They're very good at what they do, put it that way.

All we can say is you "might" have a chance since they put down 4-4 & you requested cancellation 4-5. All you can do is ask - send them a letter as suggested by army judge & see what they say. Good luck.

If they will not cancel, you will have to decide if you believe it is worth going to court over & you might not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back