Juveniles going on the run in the state of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalizeit

I am going to be talking about my friend who wishes to be confidential so we'll call him bob. Bob recently got found guilty of arson, he was in juvie for over a month and is awaiting his disposition. In the last court he had the judge allowed him to be released to the care of his father to go out of state (Arizona) to have a EEG (brain scans). He is 15 and plans to go on the run because he feels mistreated about the arson (because he didnt do it intentionally). He has heard many cases where if the juvenile gos on the run and lasts till he is 18 the charges get dropped or they (the court) cant do anything (basically hes free?) He and I would like to know if this is true. Thanks for answers.

I am going to be talking about my friend who wishes to be confidential so we'll call him bob. Bob recently got found guilty of arson, he was in juvie for over a month and is awaiting his disposition. In the last court he had the judge allowed him to be released to the care of his father to go out of state (Arizona) to have a EEG (brain scans). He is 15 and plans to go on the run because he feels mistreated about the arson (because he didnt do it intentionally). He has heard many cases where if the juvenile gos on the run and lasts till he is 18 the charges get dropped or they (the court) cant do anything (basically hes free?) He and I would like to know if this is true. Thanks for answers.

Bob's plan is as ill advised as the arson.
Bob will not only get his dad in trouble, if he runs, but he'll ONLY make more trouble for himself.
You guys watch too many movies.
If Bob runs at 15, he'll get caught in less than 30 days.
Why?
He has no ability to support himself.
For goodness sake, 30 year old people can't get jobs these days.
How does Bob plan to live and provide for himself?

What's that, his friends will care for him.
Yeah, that'll work for a week or two.

You meant, he'll get a job.
Read what I said about that above.

He'll be forced to commit more crimes.
Yeah, go ahead, the cops will love that.

You really meant he'll just panhandle himself into a million bucks.
That's a pretty foolish pipe dream, dude.

Seriously, I've had some fun talking to myself.
But this is no laughing matter.
Bob should do what he's supposed to do.
He should not run.
This will not go away.
Even if it takes 20 years, the State of Texas will not let this go.
If Bob is caught at age 70, Texas will have their way with him.
But, Bob will never make it that long.
The world isn't that big anymore.
Bob doesn't have enough money to run that long or that far.
Texas has millionaires and a billionaire locked up securely.
If the Texas Rangers don't get your buddy Bob, the FBI or the US Marshals surely will.
Tell him to do the smart thing, and not run.

In what county was Bob adjudicated?
If bob wants help, I'll do what I can for him, pro bono.
I'm a lawyer and I'll look into his case.
If i can help, let me know.

Good luck.

Last edited:

No. It is not true. Not even close. "Bob" will be making far more trouble for himself than he needs if he persists in this asinine plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back