juvenile sex offender arrested as adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinfitch1

My son now 21yr was charged with sex bat at age 14. He has been arrested for poss of firearm by fellon. We did not think he was a fellon. He has voted. Any advice?

punkinfitch1 said:
My son now 21yr was charged with sex bat at age 14. He has been arrested for poss of firearm by fellon. We did not think he was a fellon. He has voted. Any advice?

He may have been a juvenile, but the state charged him as an adult. If that is the case, yes he would be considered a convicted felon.

You should ask if he was tried as an adult (albeit he was a juvenile), on the aforementioned sexual battery charge. In fact, you might be able to think about the case and remember that it was held in adult court and not juvie court!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juvenile

He was not tried in adult court. He spent 1 year in juvenile treatment facility and had another year of juvenile probation and out patient treatment. He completed all the requirements.

punkinfitch1 said:
He was not tried in adult court. He spent 1 year in juvenile treatment facility and had another year of juvenile probation and out patient treatment. He completed all the requirements.

Ask the local prosecutor.
Or, speak with his public defender.
If he was convicted only as a juvenile, the recent arrest may be a huge mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back