Parole, Probation, Release Juvenile Misdemeanor

devonbond

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Okay so I have been on Juvenile Probation since 12/06/17, today is 7/20/18. I have court on 7/30/18 for two counts of Telecommunication Malicious Use. These happened on 11/09/17, before I was put on probation, and before I was 17. I am now 17, as of 02/23/18. I was put on probation for 2nd degree home invasion, but took a plea deal to knock it down to 3rd degree home invasion. My probation officer said they may put me on adult probation. Is this likely? Even though I've had no police contact, my grades are good, I've completed all my community service, and done all other programs requested of me. I have court on 8/06/18 where my probation was supposed to be terminated. But now this charge was brought up and I don't know what to expect. Can I make the argument that i've been on probation for almost 9 months exactly and have turned my life around. That these charges happened before when my life wasn't so great and i've acknowledged my mistakes?
Thanks in advance.

My probation officer said they may put me on adult probation. Is this likely?

Any response would be a guess.

Can I make the argument that i've been on probation for almost 9 months exactly and have turned my life around. That these charges happened before when my life wasn't so great and i've acknowledged my mistakes?

You are free to TRY and convince a judge that YOU have changed for the better in NINE months.

I suggest you discuss this matter with YOUR lawyer, before you open "yer yapper"!

9 months really isn't that long. For the offenses you've listed I would expect you to remain on probation at least until you are 18. You will just have to wait and see. Nobody can predict what the court will do.

If you plan to go this route, be prepared to offer concrete examples of things you have done/stopped doing to "turn your life around" in less than a year.

Back