Juvenile Case Intersting finding need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourtoday

Just wanted some advice. My son (16) was charged and adjudicated (spelling) as a juvenile in Michigan for a serious felony charge - assault with a weapon. He was 15 at time and with about 50 kids fighting (dumb) anyways we pleaded down to this charge and he was adjudicated as a juvenile in family court, sentenced to probabtion (never been in trouble), community service, and restistituion. After only 2 1/2 months (almost 3) he was relased from probation because he met all his conditions of his probation. I was looking into how this is going to effect him. Found out that in Michigan before a disposition can be handed down the juvenile needs to have fingerprints on file to go with their record. Found out he NEVER was fingerprinted. I was then told by the intake supervisor that since there are no fingerprints on file they can't register him with the State Police Post. The arresting officer obviously made a big mistake. Talked to my attorney and he said he was improperly booked - is this a point to have the whole conviction thrown out? If not can they order him to get fingerprints now that disposition has been handed down, time served and he is now off from probation? Just very strange.

Also, Not sure if I am getting the correct information, but was told that since he was "adjudicated" as a juvenile in family court he could honestly answer no to being convicted of a crime. Was told that juveniles are not convicted. True or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back