Other Criminal Procedure Juvenile 4 adjudication withheld judgments

nvywfemomof4

My almost 16 year old son has been o probation for 14 months now. Since being placed on probation he has acquired 17 new charges including his probation violations. All of theses charges have either resulted in continuing him on probation or adjudication withheld. He has finally gotten us kicked off base housing (my husband is in the military) and can not reside with us any longer. His probation officer who has failed us so many times in the past says when he goes in front of the judge for 2 misdemeanor charges and 3 violations of probation these withheld charges will help us get him committed to a program. Is this in anyway true? I need him placed elsewhere, my 3 young children are suffering. Help!!!

It is true that it is a possibility, but it doesn't mean it will happen. If your son is not committing violent crimes I would expect the burden is mostly left on the parents.

It's possible but there is no way we can know for sure.

2 of his charges are for battery and he just got off with a withheld for accessory to a robbery. I don't know if those count as "violent" but the battery charges were both against people residing in my home. The court isn't helping him but they won't help me to find a place for him to live either. I'm just trying to find options and figure out if I should be hopeful or not. I'm just tired of the whole legal system in Jacksonville.

2 of his charges are for battery and he just got off with a withheld for accessory to a robbery. I don't know if those count as "violent" but the battery charges were both against people residing in my home. The court isn't helping him but they won't help me to find a place for him to live either. I'm just trying to find options and figure out if I should be hopeful or not. I'm just tired of the whole legal system in Jacksonville.

Okay, your hubby is active duty military, right?
That's where you start, seek help through the military's mental health counseling and referral.
You can start by seeking help via your family physician, or make an appointment with JAG to discuss your legal options OUTSIDE of the military.

Emergency hospitalization for evaluation (sometimes called "psychiatric hold" or "pick-up") in a treatment facility for psychiatric evaluation; typically short intervention of fixed duration (e.g., 72 hours).

You can start that discussion with his PO, his attorney, or with the local police, as it seems he has committed domestic violence.

You can also try this option, getting him committed for an EMERGENCY psych and drug abuse evaluation:

http://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/get-help/know-the-laws-in-your-state

http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/mental-health/referral-process

http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/mental-health/frequently-asked-questions-and-answers

I'm so sorry for your situation - let's just hope the judge makes the right decision for your family. Someone else may come along & have something additional to add.

I see army judge came along with some information for you. His post wasn't there when I started mine above & he got his submitted off first. We both were typing at the same time.

My hubby is active duty. We have been utilizing the mental health service for our son for the past 12 . He has been "baker acted" numerous times. This is Floridas emergency psychiatric hold. He has also been in a residential treatment facility twice now. JAG told us to get an outside lawyer, nothing they could do for us. We can't afford an outside lawyer, so we are stuck. I have spoken with his PO many times and he continues to fail to do his job. We have also spoken to the PO.'s supervisor as well as the Chief Probation officer for the county. My sons lawyer will not talk to us because once again we are the victims to his crimes. We are getting nowhere fast. He has committed domestic violence and was already charged for it twice. Hence the reason we can no longer live in military housing with him. The CO of the base has said he is never to step foot in any base housing ever again and only go to the Naval Hospital for his appointments if we are in arms length of him. We have exhausted what w consider all reasonable options

My hubby is active duty. We have been utilizing the mental health service for our son for the past 12 . He has been "baker acted" numerous times. This is Floridas emergency psychiatric hold. He has also been in a residential treatment facility twice now. JAG told us to get an outside lawyer, nothing they could do for us. We can't afford an outside lawyer, so we are stuck. I have spoken with his PO many times and he continues to fail to do his job. We have also spoken to the PO.'s supervisor as well as the Chief Probation officer for the county. My sons lawyer will not talk to us because once again we are the victims to his crimes. We are getting nowhere fast. He has committed domestic violence and was already charged for it twice. Hence the reason we can no longer live in military housing with him. The CO of the base has said he is never to step foot in any base housing ever again and only go to the Naval Hospital for his appointments if we are in arms length of him. We have exhausted what w consider all reasonable options

It is time for you to seek an emergency psychiatric evaluation.

Somewhere BURIED within this agency is the right person to get your sin (and your family) help.
Just start calling their numbers, or visit their office and see if you can find the right person to get the ball rolling.

http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs

Back