Assault & Battery Just want to know what could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

firpomom

I will tell the whole story so you understand. Last Thur we went to our local part to walk. My husband saw his brother. He walked towards him to talk. As he was walking his brother said Not now and his brothers wife said my child is here. My husband turned around and walked away. Nothing was said there were not actions in anger. So he walked back to our van. We sat there respectfully and waited for them to leave. We then proceded on our walk. After a mile of walking we were stopped by an officer. He said he had reports that my husband had been starting a fight and he showed his weapon as a threat. Ok my husband does own a gun that is registered in his name. He does not poses a permit as he should but the gun was in the van durning this whole thing. Well the arrested my husband on 2 unlawful possesions of a weapon one of which is in a city park and also aggravated domestic assault. My husband has a very clean record. he has never done anything wrong up to this point. His brother who is the "victom" here on the other hand has had child services after him, he has a domestic assault and he also has breaking an entering. So what do you think may come of this all we have our preliminary hearing on monday the 21st. They say if his brother does not tell it exactly as he wrote in the statement that they will let my husband go and his brother will go to jail for purgery. They did not say they would drop all his charges though. I just want to know some opinions so I may sleep better at night.

Your husband needs a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back