jumping title

Jurisdiction
Ohio
i bought a car and got a title that wasn't in the person's name that was selling it and the dmv is refusing it because they say he is jumping title and skipping paying taxes. Also I'm in Toledo Ohio and i bought online from Washington state.

i bought a car and got a title that wasn't in the person's name that was selling it and the dmv is refusing it because they say he is jumping title and skipping paying taxes. Also I'm in Toledo Ohio and i bought online from Washington state.
You didn't ask a question, so thank you for sharing.

Ohio has a procedure where you can go to court and ask for a court order for title.

The following link has several counties that have information on how to do that and there are forms and instructions.

ohio court ordered title at DuckDuckGo

Once you become familiar with that information you can check with your county court website for local forms and instructions.

This material comes from the court, not the DMV.

Back