Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaulat

I have a judgment in the state of Missouri for an attorney for a motion to modify with my ex husband. The balance was 59,000 that I paid down to 32,000 and then he demanded payment in full. Also, let's just say his performance was poor at best. The judgment was in his favor and I have made every payment for the last year and half. I moved to New york and had problems finding a new job and could not make his payment. He told me that if I didn't make his payment of 2200 for the month then he would find me in default and hire an attorney in New York to represent him. I have offered him several different payment arrangements but he will not take them unless they are in full. If I'm in default of the judment it also adds on an additional 9000 or more in interest. Being in New York now and not Missouri is there any way to stop him from persuing me as I'm still willing to make his payments I just can't come up with the total amount. I am afraid that he will freeze my account and try guarnishing my wages which at this point is not an option as I'm trying to get back on my feet. Is there any loop wholes I am missing???

He has the right to seek legal redress. Will he? Don't know. Can he? Absolutely.
He'll have to bring his action in the appropriate NY court. When he does, you'll be notified. He can initiate a legal action to enforce his judgment in any of the 50 US states and any US territory.

If you file bankruptcy, that might be a way out from under his thumb.

If you escape to another sovereign nation, he can't touch you there. Hint, hint, hint!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back