Judgement on repossessed vehicle

Cozykitty

Jurisdiction
California
First of all I had an idiot boyfriend older than I by a few years, while I was only 19 or 20. He took me around manipulating me into signing for a couple of vehicles under only my name to help his business. I only remember signing for two. I had no job or anything. He eventually stopped paying for all the vehicles and they eventually and slowly came off my credit. All but one that I don't even remember signing for this one and it was from Ford. I didn't believe that they we're really getting a judgement since I didn't get one before and I didn't know I even had this vehicle. Also it never showed up on my credit ect... now they are trying to renew the judgement after ten years I think. I don't have the money or any idea what to do to make this go away. What can I do?!

First of all I had an idiot boyfriend older than I by a few years, while I was only 19 or 20. He took me around manipulating me into signing for a couple of vehicles under only my name to help his business. I only remember signing for two. I had no job or anything. He eventually stopped paying for all the vehicles and they eventually and slowly came off my credit. All but one that I don't even remember signing for this one and it was from Ford. I didn't believe that they we're really getting a judgement since I didn't get one before and I didn't know I even had this vehicle. Also it never showed up on my credit ect... now they are trying to renew the judgement after ten years I think. I don't have the money or any idea what to do to make this go away. What can I do?!

File a personal bankruptcy,
Chapter seven is what it be,
File some papers and pay the fees,
Wait a lil bit for the "341" sayin' please,
Trustee says its okay,
Ole Judge him wipe all yo' debts away!

Talk to a couple bankruptcy lawyers is your play,
It'll run them scalawags away,
In a little time things'll get better,
Sun comes out for pretty weather.

This doesn't go away easily. It takes time. Lots of time.
Bankruptcy may help with the debt but then you have that following you instead.

If I file bankruptcy, will the bankruptcy show on my credit even tho this vehicle never showed on my credit?

You need to read about BK, and educate yourself.

If your FICO isn't hitting at 680 or higher, its already ruined.

Contrary to popular belief, a BK will drastically improve your FICO.

That isn't what should worry you.
What should worry you is getting out from under debt that is drowning you.
BK allows you to do that, and you'll get a new car out of it lower payments.

I just filed one for a niece, stuck in a situation similar to yours.

You don't want debt.
The idea is to get rid of debt, make a budget, save at least 20% of your income, and stop using credit.

Credit is the sucker's bet.
Mortgages are credit.
Credit is debt.
All debt is bad, unless you're the lender.

If I file bankruptcy, will the bankruptcy show on my credit even tho this vehicle never showed on my credit?

The vehicle may have been fraud.
The varmint that obtained the vehicle may have used one of his other sweeties to pretend to be you.
Maybe you should report the debt, have the cops investigate it, if you didn't obtain the vehicle.

I don't have other debt... Iv always payed my personal stuff on time. My credit is good but this judgement that's says I owe $24,000 and now has interest of $39,000. The judgement doesn't show up on anything.. not on credit or anything. But i don't want them to eventually garnish my wages or if I get a house one day , take it away from me and most of all I don't want to go to jail. Does anyone know of a loan that's easy to get that use to offer settlement with? Im desperate to get this to go away. Every time I talk to these lawyers that want the money , they yell at me and break me down mentally.

I don't have other debt... Iv always payed my personal stuff on time. My credit is good but this judgement that's says I owe $24,000 and now has interest of $39,000. The judgement doesn't show up on anything.. not on credit or anything. But i don't want them to eventually garnish my wages or if I get a house one day , take it away from me and most of all I don't want to go to jail. Does anyone know of a loan that's easy to get that use to offer settlement with? Im desperate to get this to go away. Every time I talk to these lawyers that want the money , they yell at me and break me down mentally.

You're allowing anonymous people, claiming to be lawyers to bully you.
Lawyers don't call debtors in an attempt to bully them into paying.
Worse yet, it's NOT your debt.

Why on earth would you borrow money to pay a judgment (or a debt) that you don't owe?

Talk to a couple REAL lawyers in your county.

There are better remedies available to you than allowing some scammers to steal from you.

Google or Bing the name of the agency calling you, the telephone numbers they're using, and the names given to you alleging that's who these charlatans are.

Slow down, breathe, you're setting yourself to be cheated, again!!!

Macdowell & Asociates ... are the people coming after me! So I believe they are real?

Don't give up so easily.
That is what these scammers like, easy to catch prey.
Not so fast, read this:
Ripoff Report | MacDowell & Associates Complaint Review Newport Beach - Atlanta, California - Georgia
And this:
MacDowell and Associates wont adhere to agreement - DebtCC

..GLOBAL AG aka RFA aka RELIANT FINANCIAL ASSOCIATES complaint - ABC NIGHTLINE TO AIR SEGMENT ON CORONA AREA DEBT COLLECTORS...

Keep searching, there are at least 100 more threads all over the Internet about these thieves.

My credit is good but this judgement that's says I owe $24,000 and now has interest of $39,000. The judgement doesn't show up on anything.. not on credit or anything.

How about in the courthouse records?

Have you checked there to make sure it's legit?

You really should get yourself a complete copy of the case file from the courthouse.

Yes, I looked up the court case and it seems real. Mac Dowell and associates... two more years till they can renew it. Really wish i could just get rid of them!

If this isn't showing on credit retorts then it likely isn't harming you in any way. I'm not sure I'd be motivated to do anything at all at this stage.

Yes, I looked up the court case and it seems real.

Then I suggest you go to the courthouse and buy a complete copy of the case file for your records.

What did you mean by "trying to renew"? There is no "try." They'll either renew it if 10 years aren't up yet or not renew it:

Renew Your Judgment - small_claims_selfhelp

What's scary is that it can be renewed every 10 years and never expire.

I suggest you defer buying a house until you get this taken care of. Borrowing money to pay this off is stupid because you saddle yourself with a big debt that you can't afford.

If this is such an emotional strain on you, now is the time to file bankruptcy, while you are young and don't have anything to lose except for a low credit score for a few years.

Otherwise, you'll never get out from under and, sooner or later, they will garnish your wages. Though I can't imagine why you have escaped that.

But they could garnish my wages or take something later..

That is why you need to gather everything you can about this.

You go to the court website where the alleged court activity took place and obtain every document about the case.

The firm that is stalking you is known for using unsavory tactics to acquire judgments against trusting people.

You must obtain that judgment.

You can sometimes do it for free from the court website, or for a few bucks from many companies that get the documents for you.

A couple such operators are www.spokeo.com or www.publicdata.com

I use those two, plus others, and they have not scammed me.

You do your due diligence before spending any money.

You can usually get the documents for between $2.00 to no more than $10.00, if they aren't available for FREE.

Back