judgement, jail? PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfortner

Okay. I recently received a letter informing me that I had a court date about a judgment. It stated that a company had won a judgment case against me, and that my employer wasn't sending them the garnishment payments. I never even knew I had a judgment and had lost. Furthermore, the employer they were speaking of, wasn't even my employer anymore. Now I've received another letter regarding this same problem except this one looks like they are suing me again! Furthermore, I'm not employed right now. I haven't had a job where I receive a check since March of 07'. I have done small jobs for family and friends, and had attempted to start my own business but it failed shortly after I started it. So, my question is: Can I go to jail if I do not show up for this court date. AND when and if I DO go, can i be sent to jail for not paying it as I do not have a job. This is really important as I've just had a baby boy in August. I AM actively seeking employment, I just haven't found something yet. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! I live in Indiana, USA.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back