Other Debt Judgement Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

drobi392

I incurred a debt in the state of Georgia. I am now a resident in the state of New York. This debt to be removed from credit report next year January, I believe. At one point I could not find the creditor and they had no working phone number. Equifax and Experian then removed the debt from my credit report. I tried to have it removed from Transunion and just recently (6 years later) the creditor contacted me for payment. His letter stated basically stated pay or he'll file a judgement. If he files nothing by next January, does he still have an additional 3 years to file a judgement?

I incurred a debt in the state of Georgia. I am now a resident in the state of New York. This debt to be removed from credit report next year January, I believe. At one point I could not find the creditor and they had no working phone number. Equifax and Experian then removed the debt from my credit report. I tried to have it removed from Transunion and just recently (6 years later) the creditor contacted me for payment. His letter stated basically stated pay or he'll file a judgement. If he files nothing by next January, does he still have an additional 3 years to file a judgement?

The creditor can't file a judgment UNLESS he files a lawsuit and prevails.
No lawsuit, no judgment.
In most cases, that debt is beyond the statute of collections to even bring a lawsuit.

GA has a six year or four year SOL on bringing a lawsuit pursuing payment of a debt.

Here's the link:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/reb...tm_expid=79104056-4.cM9JMEgAT_yV0tiPT4TQBQ.0&

If I were you, I'd stop worrying about credit reports, and be alert for a slick debt scavenger to try and sue you AFTER the six year period, as in now.

The debt is beyond collectable.

Make sure the don't try to snooker you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back