Judgement by Default

Lonnielow

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I was told that I owe a debt for a credit card from a company name Providian National Bank which no longer exist. The law firm Sessoms & Rogers (North Carolina) states that I open it on or before March 22 1999 and states that it was charged off on or about January 31 2003. It was sold to a company name UNIFUND CCR PARTNERS and was filed in the courts on October 3, 2006 through the Clerk do Superior Court in Mecklenburg County. The amount listed they said I owe the law firm was $31,715.27 in 2014. It stated that my debt owe to Providian was $5,895.71. Yearly I have been receiving notice the right to claim my Exempt property. In September 2016. I received a Civil Summons that Civil actions had been commenced against me. May 10 2017 I received an Order Directing Action letter from the state of North Carolina County of Mecklenburg -case statue note: clean up calendar for judicial review. It stated that the plaintiff and the defendant has 60 days to reply or it will be removed. July 1 2017 this Judgement was removed from my credit report. On August 2, 2017 I received a Cerificat of Service from Sessoms and Rogers that this Judgement will be renewed and now the plantiff have and recover from the defendant the sum of $17,138.96. The defendant interest rate of 23.99% per annum from June 1 2006 to October 1 2006. At the legal rate of 8% per annum thereafter until paid. The attorney fees in the sum of $2,682.36. The renew Judgement was file I. The. Courts on June 2 2017. Any advice that you can give to me will be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you get your documents together and visit a local attorney who will be able to better review your situation.
Do you dispute this debt is yours? Were you aware they took action against you back in 2006?
Contact thecourt and find out the current status of the case- whether three are any recent filings for renewal, etc.
Just because you are receiving letters from the collection agency doesn't mean anything at all is happening in court.
You need to find out a lot of information in order to determine how to proceed.

I was told that I owe a debt for a credit card from a company name Providian National Bank which no longer exist. The law firm Sessoms & Rogers (North Carolina) states that I open it on or before March 22 1999 and states that it was charged off on or about January 31 2003. It was sold to a company name UNIFUND CCR PARTNERS and was filed in the courts on October 3, 2006 through the Clerk do Superior Court in Mecklenburg County. The amount listed they said I owe the law firm was $31,715.27 in 2014. It stated that my debt owe to Providian was $5,895.71. Yearly I have been receiving notice the right to claim my Exempt property. In September 2016. I received a Civil Summons that Civil actions had been commenced against me. May 10 2017 I received an Order Directing Action letter from the state of North Carolina County of Mecklenburg -case statue note: clean up calendar for judicial review. It stated that the plaintiff and the defendant has 60 days to reply or it will be removed. July 1 2017 this Judgement was removed from my credit report. On August 2, 2017 I received a Cerificat of Service from Sessoms and Rogers that this Judgement will be renewed and now the plantiff have and recover from the defendant the sum of $17,138.96. The defendant interest rate of 23.99% per annum from June 1 2006 to October 1 2006. At the legal rate of 8% per annum thereafter until paid. The attorney fees in the sum of $2,682.36. The renew Judgement was file I. The. Courts on June 2 2017. Any advice that you can give to me will be greatly appreciated.

You need to discuss filing a chapter seven personal bankruptcy to get that second chance everyone deserves.

Talk to a couple bankruptcy attorneys in your county tomorrow, and choose one to help you get the peace of mind you deserve.

Back