judge didn't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedtexan

I went to court twice this week to finalize my uncontested divorce, and the judge stated that he couldn't sign the decree because he didn't think the children were being taken care of. i have 2 children, age 10 and 15, and my soon to be ex and i agreed that i would pay $125/week child support and $50/week for health insurance. That's $600 a month CS and $200 a month insurance. When we went today, i had actually copied word for word from a friends divorce order the exact words used for child support and visitation, and the judge says it isn't worded right. my soon to be ex and i agreed to the revision, AND she signed it. Now i will have to go to court again and i was wondering would a mediator be a good step before i go back? Does anyone know of any free legal advice in Tx that i would be able to access?

Q: Now i will have to go to court again and i was wondering would a mediator be a good step before i go back?

A: Yes.

Call the Texas bar for info on free or cheap lawyers in your area.

thanks there seniorjudge... i will take a look into that!! is it a regular occurance do u know that a judge would say things aren't worded right? even tho i'm going to be paying that much and i only make like 23,000 a year?

Q: is it a regular occurance do u know that a judge would say things aren't worded right?

A: That is part of a judge's job.

if i copied the words for the child support and visitation from a divorce order of a friend, but put in my amounts etc, wouldn't that count? i just want this to be done so that i can get on with my life!!

is there a way to get the judge to see that is how things have been agreed to? Even if my ex is in court AND signed the child support paper AND visitation?

the judge will not sign the papers until i have an attorney present, i am sure about it. Can he do that? and should i file a grievance against this judge to see if i can get a different judge to hear the case?

ok well i managed to get a hold of a lawyer, who it turns out is the father of the judge, so he can't help me due to conflict of interest, so he recommended that i call his old partner. I also managed to find a free help clinic with lawyers and paralegals etc. Thanks for all the help and advice. I just hope that this is going to work, i'm so ready for this to be final, as is my ex wife.

The problem could have been that the proper formula wasn't used for determining CS. May be a calculator on the State Attorney Generals' website.

well the amounts that i put into the calculator on the website are the ones that would be used to calculate it... we (my ex and myself) came to the agreement prior to that, so i will be paying MORE than calculated.

is there a possibility that the separate sheet that i have outlined the child support on should be included in the marital settlement agreement? if so, should i have to pay again for filing it as part of the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back