Copyright journal published my paper without my permission

jaber

Jurisdiction
Other
one journal published my scientific paper without my permission. They took the paper from a conference that i participated in and sent it to the journal. I didnt sign any copyright agreement with them for that journal. I contacted the editor-in-chief and asked to remove the paper but he ignored my email. what should i do in this case. all i want is to remove the paper from that journal. They dont have right to do that.

what should i do in this case. all i want is to remove the paper from that journal.

Hire a lawyer.

It'll cost you the same amount in legal fees to sue for compensation for the use of your work as it will to sue to get an injunction to get it removed from where everybody in the world has already seen it.

Might as well sue to get paid for it.

one journal published my scientific paper without my permission. They took the paper from a conference that i participated in and sent it to the journal. I didnt sign any copyright agreement with them for that journal. I contacted the editor-in-chief and asked to remove the paper but he ignored my email. what should i do in this case. all i want is to remove the paper from that journal. They dont have right to do that.

I've written many scholarly legal articles.
I submitted many of those articles to several legal groups and societies over the years.

Read the fine print about ownership of any such submissions.

The submission of a paper, or other such work, to the group conveys ownership to them.

There are rare exceptions.

Perhaps, your situation is one.

I've only seen two such exceptions in my limited experience of almost 50 years.

Back