Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

I was in my home when a friend begun to argue with me. The fight escalated quickly and I just asked her to leave. She did not do so and continued to argue in my home. I went outside and told her I needed her to leave now. I had walked outside and she then slammed the door behind me To grab her belongings. She walked out placed her belongings in her car and continued arguing. I went out to the road after and stood in the road to call the police and I was standing behind her car. She then backed up and hit me knowingly I was behind her vehicle, it knocked me backwards and she then hit me a second time. I then struck her vehicle breaking her rear window in the process. I have gotten a citation for destruction of property and she got nothing even though she backed into me. What can I do about this situation?

Two wrongs don't make a right.
You shouldn't have broken the window. Without any evidence of injury or damage to the vehicle supporting your claim she bumped into you then there would be no basis to cite or arrest her.
Appear in court for your citation and request legal counsel.

Both the driver and passenger both stated that I had backed up on. I also have a witness that also seen this, but the officer yet did not do anything about this situation. What can I do about this?

Do you have any injuries from this?
From what you describe I don't picture you being l "struck" or run over, but simply standing in the way to obstruct the vehicle from leaving before police arrive.
There really is nothing to do, but if you insist you can try to get the local police to take either a hit and run report or for assault with a deadly weapon.

If you don't have any injuries ("seems" you don't), there are no medical bills to be paid.

The only thing is talk to the police again - what they do is their decision.

As you are not in the hospital or displaying injuries, it appears you put yourself there intentionally. All she did was move you with the car. You became irate and broke her window. It seems the officer was aware of this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back