joint property break-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

java215

I have recently broken an engagement and moved from the house that I purchased last year with my ex-fiancee. I have since been residing with a friend and picking up my mail at my house. I feel that since the engagement is off, and that I have been paying the mortgage from my sole bank account, that the house needs to be sold immediately. I put 80% of the down payment down when the house was first purchased jointly by us both and have been making the mortgage payments ever since with my own money from my own personal bank account. When moving out I gave my fiancee a month to find a place to live so that we could sell the house. Unfortunately, two months later, he still has made no attempt to move on, both emotionally and physically. Our neighbor has a family member who would like to purchase the house immediately and is willing to go to closing ASAP for the exact price that was being asked, no real estate agent needed and they would pay all closing costs. My ex-fiancee refuses to sign the paperwork needed to sell the house and refuses to discuss selling it any further. I am still making all mortgage and electric payments on time for fear that my credit rating will turn bad and I have been out of the house for about two months now. Is there ANY legal way I can go about selling the house, or making him agree to sell the house without losing my good credit standing or any more money on a house I no longer reside in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back