Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
There has been a new article posted.

Title: Joining A Class Action Lawsuit
URL: http://www.thelaw.com/article.php?cat=classactions&id=8

Here's a snippet:
The first step before a court certifies class actions involves an investigation and conclusion that there are too many class members to each be named an individual party in a lawsuit. The case has com...

Comments on this article are welcome.

Re: Re: Joining A Class Action Lawsuit

Originally posted by pilawman
How does one go about submitting articles for publication on thelaw.com? Thanks

There will be two new areas on thelaw.com dealing with publications -- thelawjournal and thelawreview, the first dealing with professional articles the latter being educational and

You can submit articles by sending inquiries and/or articles to info at@ thelawjournal dotcom.

I'm glad to say that we'll have a lot more here shortly with additional assistance.

Class Action -- Banking Posting Procedures and Processes

Many in society have likely been afftected by Bank credit card and corporate credit card procedures and practices that artifically create interest charges on user accounts even when payments have been promptly made. The issue is whether the credit card providers are deliberately delaying the posting of payments in order to apply interest charges.

As an example consider the following:

The credit card holder has a clean account with no outstanding charges. A major purchase is made resulting in several hundred or thousand dollars in charges. According to the typical payment schedule, the credit card holder is expected to pay the minimum or the full amount by nth day of the billing month. The credit card holder mails payments in the form of cheque, one week in advance of the due date for the entire amount. The payment arrives at the credit card holders payment centre within 2-3 days of the mailing and 2-5 days before the payment is due. The credit card company reviews the payment and rather than posting the payment to the account, delays the posting for 1-4 days after the due date. The result is an automatic charge to the users account for interest charges.

As the banks move money electronically the payment could have been registered at the time it was received by the credit card provider. The posting delay is unreasonable and contrary to the interests of the credit card holder but definitely to the financial advantage of the credit card issuer.

Is there a basis for a general class action against the banks on the behalf of all credit card holders of the specific credit card provider or all credit providers engaging in the practice?

Action-Advocate said:
Many in society have likely been afftected by Bank credit card and corporate credit card procedures and practices that artifically create interest charges on user accounts even when payments have been promptly made. The issue is whether the credit card providers are deliberately delaying the posting of payments in order to apply interest charges.

As an example consider the following:

The credit card holder has a clean account with no outstanding charges. A major purchase is made resulting in several hundred or thousand dollars in charges. According to the typical payment schedule, the credit card holder is expected to pay the minimum or the full amount by nth day of the billing month. The credit card holder mails payments in the form of cheque, one week in advance of the due date for the entire amount. The payment arrives at the credit card holders payment centre within 2-3 days of the mailing and 2-5 days before the payment is due. The credit card company reviews the payment and rather than posting the payment to the account, delays the posting for 1-4 days after the due date. The result is an automatic charge to the users account for interest charges.

As the banks move money electronically the payment could have been registered at the time it was received by the credit card provider. The posting delay is unreasonable and contrary to the interests of the credit card holder but definitely to the financial advantage of the credit card issuer.

Is there a basis for a general class action against the banks on the behalf of all credit card holders of the specific credit card provider or all credit providers engaging in the practice?
I think that there would definitely be a class action for all the holders of a card where the bank unlawfully engaged in that practice and it would be the classic example of why you need a class action. I think the article spells out everything you need for a class action and basically it comes down to a group of people who have the same issue with the same defendant. It would be judicially unfeasible to try each case individually and no need to since the outcomes would be the same as the issues are identical.

cc3213

Is There Any Class action Lawsuits now against Paypal That I and Three other's Can join?

Would Like to Start Class Action Law Suit against Pay Pal Services

Hello to all,
My name is Thelma Brown,i am a 25 year old Criminal Justice Student from Chicago.
I recently started selling on Ebay in June 2006 and set up an Paypal account also. My sales were slow at first due to the fact that i was a new Ebayer,but recently my sales started to progress when i listed my Gucci Backpacks on Ebay seeing how others were selling Prada Backpacks and more. I buy my products directly from Trades Dealers and to test the sells on Ebay i started selling them at $175,the sales were coming in quick as i had listed in my Auctions that i would soon raise the price. The problem occured when someone from Pay pal called my home and told me that i should be selling these items for Lots more. I explained to him that i would be raising the price after my already listed Auctions ended and he said there was no problem. Later the next day i checked my Paypal account and it had been limited where i could not recieve payment from customers for the items they purchased from me. I was out of money for the purchase of these items for the Trade company,also out of more money for Payment to Ebay for sellers fees,Also paypal will not refund the fees they have taken out. I believe paypal is a rip off company and bad for any business. I have incurred a lot of stress from this experience and would like to move forth with others who are also considering filing a civil suit against Pay Pal,as there have been many. Please contact me at my email if you are interested or know of others who are interested as Pay pal is a very dangerous source of online banking and can hold your rightful money from you indefinetly.
thelma-brown@sbcglobal.net email as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back