Joinder Release of Claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonniea

My Mom died out of a negligent act of a hospital. My 3 sisters have got to the beginning of a binding arbitration. We have a neutral arbitrator, the hospital has a lawyer, we do not. The first telephone conference, the hospital's lawyer asked if Mom's husband is still alive... He is... and are saying that he is a necessary party and must be added as a claimant and a new demand for arbitration needs to be filed. He does not want to be involved, does not want to know what we have found in the medical records and just wants to be left alone. He is elderly, frail and is afraid of challenging the health care provider because he is still insured and believes that he will not get the care he needs if he is a party to the action.

Is there a form which he can sign to release his claim on Mom's negligence case. The hospital does not want to go through the arbitration and if we receive a judgment, be open to a second suit from my step dad for an additional judgment. Is there a release of claim or agreement not to file a law suit in the future that he can sign? He does not want to be a party to this case and does not want to know anything about what is going on in the arbitration of the negligent actions Mom had to undergo.

I would suspect that there is a way for him to waive his claim altogether.

It is time for you all to hire a lawyer to help you through this and make it as easy on pa as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back