JOB Incorrect HRS & Description in Email VS personal Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan

I was just recently contacted my a 3rd party hiring agency to work for a certain company. This agency first called me, then E-mailed me and finally phone interviewed me in agreeing to accept a 20 Hr a week @ $25.27 per HR , Under the JOB ID# it was described as water testing at Local Clinics & Hospitals for for the hours and pay as mentioned. I greed to with this agency prior to a personal interview from the company. The next week I was instructed by the agency for a personal interview by the company representative. In this interview this same job ID# was described as an industrial site not Clinics or hospitals and only 6 hrs per week and I agreed to that believing 2 contracts of 26 hrs total. I called the agency the very next day about this confusion. This agency reassured me the 20 hr wk position and led me believe 2 contracts, But not this agency is back peddling saying sorry about the discrepancy. The bottom line is had they been honest in the beginning ,almost no one would have hired on for a 6 hr wk job. I feel very deceived by this hiring agency. Is it even worth reporting ? I have all of their e-mails.

Report what to whom?
I assure you, no one cares.
Let it go, find another opportunity.
Even if they promised you $500/hour for 50 hours/week, you'd do the work, and there'd be trouble with you being paid incorrectly.

Be thankful you found this out before you got hooked.

Report what to whom?
I assure you, no one cares.
Let it go, find another opportunity.
Even if they promised you $500/hour for 50 hours/week, you'd do the work, and there'd be trouble with you being paid incorrectly.

Be thankful you found this out before you got hooked.

Well technically after a number of e-mails and phone calls , I have already worked 2 days last week and 1 day this week before realizing, a total of 16 hrs in 2 weeks,,,, that this agency is BSing me. Anyway I don't want to burn bridges with the international Company that I am working for. I did e-mail the company man that interviewed me in regard to this agency's e-mails. Anyway I started looking for another job. By the way this is the 3rd India based Personnel agency, that I have dealt with and it is my last one ever. I guess deception is an everyday thing for those people.

Well technically after a number of e-mails and phone calls , I have already worked 2 days last week and 1 day this week before realizing, a total of 16 hrs in 2 weeks,,,, that this agency is BSing me. Anyway I don't want to burn bridges with the international Company that I am working for. I did e-mail the company man that interviewed me in regard to this agency's e-mails. Anyway I started looking for another job. By the way this is the 3rd India based Personnel agency, that I have dealt with and it is my last one ever. I guess deception is an everyday thing for those people.

I suspect other cultures might say some awful things about us, too.

That said, it might also be the language barrier that some would say doesn't exist.

Most of us aren't easily understood, either.

Good luck, get out before you get too heavily invested.

You noted you are looking for another job. Other than that, I would let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back