Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication job application

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawaju

I plead guilty to an oui three years ago. I had a bac of .17. I paid my fines, did my community service, and have remained sober since July 26, 2001. I live in Maine, where my oui accident took place. Thankfully it was just me involved in the single-car accident.

Due to impending probability of tax cap passing in November, I might lose my job. I am a teacher, and one of the areas that will be hard hit if this passes is education.

Which brings me to my problem. When filling out job applications, one of the questions is "Have you ever been convicted of a crime, other than a minor traffic offense?"

Is there any way to get this off my record?

Please help with some advice? I learned my lesson, and I am making myself sick over this.

Thanks

Pleading guilty is the equivalent of being convicted of a crime. I can't be 100% sure but it appears you may have a challenge with expungement given the please. Please see this thread -- http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1534

You still may want to talk to an attorney specializing in this area to see whether they can do anything else for you. At this point it would seem that you may have to answer the question in the affirmative or potentially pay the price later..

wawaju said:
I plead guilty to an oui three years ago. I had a bac of .17. I paid my fines, did my community service, and have remained sober since July 26, 2001. I live in Maine, where my oui accident took place. Thankfully it was just me involved in the single-car accident.

Due to impending probability of tax cap passing in November, I might lose my job. I am a teacher, and one of the areas that will be hard hit if this passes is education.

Which brings me to my problem. When filling out job applications, one of the questions is "Have you ever been convicted of a crime, other than a minor traffic offense?"

Is there any way to get this off my record?

Please help with some advice? I learned my lesson, and I am making myself sick over this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back