Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication jerk neighbors...HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightfoot44

I am not a confrontational person by nature, but my neighbors are so irritating that I can't stand it anymore. They allow their dog to run all over in violation of the local ordinances, and it is destroying our plants. They also think it's cute to toss tennis balls all over for their dog to chase. They live above us, so the balls bounce on the road and hit our siding, windows, and even our chimney cap. I have realigned the chimney cap 2x, and we had to replace a new picture window due to a broken seal. I am almost certain their ball throwing at least contributed to that. At least it was covered under warranty, but still...
I have contacted the police dept, and they did send an officer up to talk to the woman neighbor, but she flat out lied, saying that their dog was never out of the yard, and that they don't throw balls for the dog. I have personally witnessed them doing it, as has my wife. After the police talked to her the matter has gotten worse, and more frequent. Is there anything I can do to stop their stupid behaviour before they wreck my house, or worse, some driver gets injured trying to avoid their dog on the road, chasing a ball.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Originally posted by lightfoot44:
I am not a confrontational person by nature, but my neighbors are so irritating that I can't stand it anymore. They allow their dog to run all over in violation of the local ordinances, and it is destroying our plants. They also think it's cute to toss tennis balls all over for their dog to chase. They live above us, so the balls bounce on the road and hit our siding, windows, and even our chimney cap. I have realigned the chimney cap 2x, and we had to replace a new picture window due to a broken seal. I am almost certain their ball throwing at least contributed to that. At least it was covered under warranty, but still...
I have contacted the police dept, and they did send an officer up to talk to the woman neighbor, but she flat out lied, saying that their dog was never out of the yard, and that they don't throw balls for the dog. I have personally witnessed them doing it, as has my wife. After the police talked to her the matter has gotten worse, and more frequent. Is there anything I can do to stop their stupid behaviour before they wreck my house, or worse, some driver gets injured trying to avoid their dog on the road, chasing a ball.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Here is what I might do. I might want to take pictures and/or a video. File a complaint with the police. Take them to small claims court with regard to any civil damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back