J Visa j1 travel or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

Hello,

I am under a J1 visa until oct. 1st (it would be 18 months then). I got married to a US Citizen a month and a half ago and I didn't file my green card application yet.

We plan on going on our honeymoon outside of the US territory on the 1st week of september.

Do you think I will be able to re-enter the US thanks to my visa status and then file the application?
then it means I would have only 3 weeks left before my J1 expiration. Is that ok?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Hi Pollux,

Your Quote: We plan on going on our honeymoon outside of the US territory on the 1st week of september.

Number 1. Knowone can advise you if you will have problems when re-entering the counrty, it depends on a complex system.

Number 2. Why take the chance to go out? There are not many places in the world that have got any better places than the USA, she is one versitile country. If you wan't to show your bride off to family outside the USA then that is not a Honeymoon, tell them to visit you.

That's my opinion and ONLY an opinion.

Take care.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

The fact was that I had already booked the trip when I knew that I might no be able to re-enter the US.

I cancelled the trip anyway but thanks a lot for your answer!

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back