Ive lost a lot of sleep over this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanGPeyton

Two years ago I met a girl and she began to live with me in my house.Soon after she got laid off from her job.I had a job so we kept living there.She had never paid any rent anyway.Several months later I topo was laid off so we decided that we would move to Alabama where her family is located.They (her Mother and Stepfather) even joffered to let us stay with them and to pay for the moving truck.Once there her parents moved out abvout a month later into the home they had been having built and we stayed,her folks footing the bill (as they offered).
Soon enough I found a job and Emily and I were ready to move out.Once again her Mother offered to p-ay the deposit and first months rent at our new apartment.It was actually in HER name.We had been sharing a car of my girlfriends since coming to Alabama.My truck had been repodd back in Tennessee.Well that car died.Her folks bought her a used car from the dealership where I was then working.(Her Stepdad got me a job as a salseman which Im not lol)anyway this car was in my GIRLFREINDS name and I rarley drove it.I bought my own car later on when I got more on my own.
Somewhere down the line we had to get the utilities cut on in our name.The apartments hold the account for you for a while but you have to take it over at some point.Well both our credits were shot so the wanted 150.00 deposit from us.My GF who is thrifty to the max opted to fake being her Mother and had it put in her Mothers name.Well soon enough her Mom fopund out and the *&^% hit the fan.Only one thing was the matter...they were convinced I HAD DONE THE DEED,which I had not and had begged my exGF not too as well.All of the sudden my name was mud.Her stepfather Jeff even began saying things like "You owe us thousands of dollars blah blah blah".
Anyway a month ago my ex GF deserted me for an old high school sweetheart,leaving me with no friends or family in Alabama alone.I have a good job so I dont want to just leave.
Her stepfather is now SUING me fopr 8,000.All that rent,HER CAR,HER CAR REPAIRS,the moving truck everything is being aimed at ME!!!

I never ever signed anything saying I would pay back one penny.I did say that once we got on our feet I could start making some payments to her mother.
The money her mother paid went STRAIGHT TO THE APARTMENT MNGMENT COMPANY not me.And it was in her name.
The other money wqas given to my GF in check form by her mother NEVER to ME!!
As I said the car wasnt in my name ,I never possed it and she still has it.
My GF never ever paid any bills during the whole 2 years ,I paid them all!!

How can this be happeneing to me??
My heart is broken over her but yet they continue to persecute me! How could anyone be so mean??

Do I need to worry about this?
Thanks so much.

Worry? Maybe. Have you received papers from the court?

Two years ago I met a girl and she began to live with me in my house.Soon after she got laid off from her job.I had a job so we kept living there.She had never paid any rent anyway.Several months later I topo was laid off so we decided that we would move to Alabama where her family is located.They (her Mother and Stepfather) even joffered to let us stay with them and to pay for the moving truck.Once there her parents moved out abvout a month later into the home they had been having built and we stayed,her folks footing the bill (as they offered).
Soon enough I found a job and Emily and I were ready to move out.Once again her Mother offered to p-ay the deposit and first months rent at our new apartment.It was actually in HER name.We had been sharing a car of my girlfriends since coming to Alabama.My truck had been repodd back in Tennessee.Well that car died.Her folks bought her a used car from the dealership where I was then working.(Her Stepdad got me a job as a salseman which Im not lol)anyway this car was in my GIRLFREINDS name and I rarley drove it.I bought my own car later on when I got more on my own.
Somewhere down the line we had to get the utilities cut on in our name.The apartments hold the account for you for a while but you have to take it over at some point.Well both our credits were shot so the wanted 150.00 deposit from us.My GF who is thrifty to the max opted to fake being her Mother and had it put in her Mothers name.Well soon enough her Mom fopund out and the *&^% hit the fan.Only one thing was the matter...they were convinced I HAD DONE THE DEED,which I had not and had begged my exGF not too as well.All of the sudden my name was mud.Her stepfather Jeff even began saying things like "You owe us thousands of dollars blah blah blah".
Anyway a month ago my ex GF deserted me for an old high school sweetheart,leaving me with no friends or family in Alabama alone.I have a good job so I dont want to just leave.
Her stepfather is now SUING me fopr 8,000.All that rent,HER CAR,HER CAR REPAIRS,the moving truck everything is being aimed at ME!!!

I never ever signed anything saying I would pay back one penny.I did say that once we got on our feet I could start making some payments to her mother.
The money her mother paid went STRAIGHT TO THE APARTMENT MNGMENT COMPANY not me.And it was in her name.
The other money wqas given to my GF in check form by her mother NEVER to ME!!
As I said the car wasnt in my name ,I never possed it and she still has it.
My GF never ever paid any bills during the whole 2 years ,I paid them all!!

How can this be happeneing to me??
My heart is broken over her but yet they continue to persecute me! How could anyone be so mean??

Do I need to worry about this?
Thanks so much.

Worrying never does anything but cause more worry.

You can stay put and defend in court, if you are sued.

You can buy yourself a ticket on any public conveyance to TN or wherever you want to go, or drive away at 2:00AM as far and as fast as your truck can travel with you and your junk safely loaded aboard.

There is a lesson for you in all of this, so I won't preach.

Bottom line, you can stay and take your legal licking.

You can leave and perhaps avoid your legal licking.

You can also offer her pops a deal, or pay his demands in full.

Choices, so many choices.

These links explain small claims in AL. You can use them to educate yourself, should you decide to stay and defend the allegations.:

http://www.alabamalegalhelp.org/resource/small-claims-court

http://judicial.alabama.gov/library/rules_small_claims.cfm

If your situation isn't in small claims you might look into hiring a lawyer.

Last edited:
so youre 'saying you think he wil win!?!
I dont owe this man a penny!If anything she owes him money too!
Are you saying you think the judge will award him the case?

so youre 'saying you think he wil win!?!
I dont owe this man a penny!If anything she owes him money too!
Are you saying you think the judge will award him the case?

I never said anyone would win.

If I had, I would have used prevail.

I am saying, I've been a lawyer long enough to know (four decades) when the deck is stacked.

You have to prove things in court.

That is proven in many ways, one of them by testimony.

Define that LIES under oath.

If what you said is true about her, or even if its a lie, she'll deny doing it.

Then what?

The case will be decided after it is litigated and everyone has had the chance to tell their lie.

Have you ever been to court?

If you have, you'd know that more lies are told in court under oath than in bar room under intoxication!

So by hiring a lawyer could I hope to defend myself more successfully against the lies?
Seems like "proof" cant be gained from word of mouth alone.I guess they could resort to forgery as well..

So by hiring a lawyer could I hope to defend myself more successfully against the lies?
Seems like "proof" cant be gained from word of mouth alone.I guess they could resort to forgery as well..

Now you are beginning to see a clearer picture.
ALL of that happens everyday in courts all across this land.
Its been my observation that the biggest lies (and liars) operate in traffic courts and small claims courts.
Forgery can be defended.
If you didn't sign a document, forensic document examiners can exonerate you.
They can also inculpate you.
A lawyer won't guarantee a result, other than to vigorously and aggressively defend you and protect your rights!

The thing is, by your actions it wouldn't be difficult to hold you responsible.

He also doesn't have to sue your ex - that's up to him.

You also need to expect that your ex is going to lie and blame you, regardless.

You need an attorney.

The thing is, by your actions it wouldn't be difficult to hold you responsible.

He also doesn't have to sue your ex - that's up to him.

You also need to expect that your ex is going to lie and blame you, regardless.

You need an attorney.
You say "By your actions" as if Ive actually done something wrong..these poeple are the wrongdoers not I.
However I realize that in order to prevent them from "running me out of town" (not an option) or reaching into my back pocket Im going to have to hire an attourney.
Is thyere a particular type of attourney for "Civil" cases as opposed to business and criminal?

You say "By your actions" as if Ive actually done something wrong..these poeple are the wrongdoers not I.
However I realize that in order to prevent them from "running me out of town" (not an option) or reaching into my back pocket Im going to have to hire an attourney.
Is thyere a particular type of attourney for "Civil" cases as opposed to business and criminal?

Just see any attorney, explain yoru situation, and he or she will let you know if that's what they do.
They will also offer you the names of a couple colleagues that practice this kind of law, if they aren't qualified to litigate a matter such as yours.
The initial consultation is free.

Many people in the know refer to small claims court (or these kinds of cases) LIARS COURT.

Trust me, its scandalous, but truth be told, there are millions of dirty, filthy little secrets; such as this.

Good luck...

You said this:

Well both our credits were shot so the wanted 150.00 deposit from us.My GF who is thrifty to the max opted to fake being her Mother and had it put in her Mothers name.Well soon enough her Mom fopund out and the *&^% hit the fan.Only one thing was the matter...they were convinced I HAD DONE THE DEED,which I had not and had begged my exGF not too as well

You say you begged your GF to not do that...but you didn't stop her, either. Is there a reason you didn't tell the utility company and the landlord? Or Mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back