I've been threatened with a restraining order.

• Thread Starter Norman neutron proton
  • Start date
N

Norman neutron proton

Jurisdiction
Utah
I've been threatened with a restraining order. Now the person that's threatening me with the order lives in Utah. She is the daughter of a friend I use to live with. The daughter is the legal guardian of her mother, the mother being my friend I once used to live with. She does not want her mother to communicate with me so she has threatened me with ambiguous legal actions. I currently live in Hollywood, Fl with my current girlfriend and the communication I've had with her mother has been via text messages. All we chat about is music and our love of working out with weights. We cover areas involved in weight training such as nutritional supplements and the like. We also cover current political issues. I have no intentions or ever mentioned traveling to Utah since I'm very happy here living with my current girlfriend and I've never threatened in any way, shape or form violence against my former friend who was like a member of my family. She helped me through my university studies and was my calculus I and II professor hence how we met. How easy would it be for her to have a court ordered restraining order placed against me? I do have all the text messages we communicated with on a hard copy.

There is no way a UT judge can issue such an order against a citizen/resident of FL, or any other US State or Territory.

Be smart, simply stay away from those who no longer wish to keep your company.

She does not want her mother to communicate with me so she has threatened me with ambiguous legal actions.

Did you tell the mother about her daughter's behavior?

What did she say?

Why can't the mother get her daughter under control?

Is the mother no longer mentally or medically capable?

Is the daughter the court appointed conservator or guardian of her mother?

There may be a lot more going on there than you know or are telling.

Back