It had to happen...Man hires an EMOTIONAL SUPPORT CLOWN!

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Asia
esclown.JPG
=======================
=======================
=======================
A Kiwi adman has chosen an unusual support person to accompany him to a redundancy meeting.

In lieu of the usual suspects of a friend, colleague or family member, the member of the creative team at FCB hired a professional clown to attend the meeting with him.

An image sent to the Herald overnight shows the staffer, sitting alongside his support clown while he talks to the individuals running the meeting.

In the strange world of support creatures, this adds another colourful addition to a quirky crew that already includes hedgehogs, peacocks and goats.

The Herald understands that the clown blew up balloons and folded them into a series of animals throughout the meeting.

It's further understood that the clown mimed crying when the redundancy paperwork was handed over to the staffer.

A spokesperson for FCB told the Herald the agency has a policy of not commenting on individual employment matters out of respect for those involved.

In an email title "Coulrophobia" (the fear of clowns), the spokesperson did, however, say it was up there among the weirdest stories she had ever been contacted about.

The latest restructure at FCB follows on from job cuts at the agency after the loss of the Vodafone ad account.

It's understood the staffer has, however, landed on his feet since his odd meeting at FCB, getting a new job at DDB along with his creative partner (not the clown). They are set to start their roles next week, upon returning from their birth country Australia.

Auckland adman hires professional clown for redundancy meeting

I say this as someone who has lived their entire life in the shadow of clinical depression (my mother, husband, three siblings (one undiagnosed but obvious, the other two diagnosed) and one of my best friends all suffer from it) and who only this morning was on the phone with one of the diagnosed siblings discussing some of the root causes - this "emotional support critter" thing is getting totally out of hand.

this "emotional support critter" thing is getting totally out of hand.

I suppose every human being that has ever lived has thought that the times in which she/he lived were crazy, tough, or problematic.

I sometimes wallow in my sorrows, but when I think about it, I have to say despite the issues I've encountered; I'm fortunate to be alive without having to salt, smoke, bury, or smoke my food to preserve it.

During my youth if I wanted to research something, I'd trek off to a library, these days my fingertips do the trekking.

I live in climate controlled comfort, have all manner of food never farther away than a few feet, most of which I can microwave or pressure cook in minutes.

Unlike my father, I only have to buy my food, not hunt or fish for it, or go hungry if I failed.

Yet, the more we have, it seems the less we appreciate it.

None of us have it easy, but each life is what the person chooses to make of it.

If I focused on my problems, issues, or concerns, I'd be too distressed to enjoy the good things around me.

I start kvetching with the best of them, but have learned to stifle myself.

I'm a work in progress, but I'm grateful I'm still among the living.

All things considered, I'm damn happy to be alive, even with my many maladies.

I say this as someone who has lived their entire life in the shadow of clinical depression (my mother, husband, three siblings (one undiagnosed but obvious, the other two diagnosed) and one of my best friends all suffer from it) and who only this morning was on the phone with one of the diagnosed siblings discussing some of the root causes - this "emotional support critter" thing is getting totally out of hand.
I have medication resistant depression, acute anxiety and PTSD and I truly think ESA or in this case ESC, is totally f'ing ridiculous.

Back