Issues with my lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmsmegan

I have been living at my apartment complex for 3 years now. The first lease i signed was for 1 year beginning July 18. 2004 and ending July 19, 2005. I then renewed my lease for another year beginning August 1, 2005 and ending July 31, 2006. I then began attending college and didnt know if I would be relocating or not, so I renewed my next lease for only 6 months beginning August 1, 2006 and ending January 31, 2007. I ended up deciding to stay another 6 months before relocating, so I renewed my lease again February 1, 2007. By this time I was confortable wiht my apartment and the girls at the leasing office prepared my renewal lease for me and left it attached to my door. I signed it and dropped it off assuming that the information on it would be correct (poor decision on my part). Now that I am ready to relocate and move out of my apartment, I assumed this last lease would be up July 31, 2007. However, when I went into the leasing office I was informed that my lease is not up until August 31, 2007. I requested a copy of the lease and sure enough it says that it begins February 1, 2007 through August 31, 2007. Even more, it describes the lease term as being 1 year. All of this information is wrong and is not what I had requested when I agreed to renew my lease. I only wanted 6 months, I am currently paying an extra $50.00 per month because I requested a short term lease. The information on the lease itself is wrong and does not make sense. The girl who had prepared my lease is no longer employed with the office. The manager there now is telling me that unless I am able to prove that I asked for a 6 month lease, there is nothing that they can do for me. However, the contract itself has so many discrepencies....doesn't that matter? Is there anything that can be done? I need to move by the end of July and cannot afford to pay that extra months rent.
Please help me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back