Is this Wrongful Termination?

A

AdviceSeekerCA

Jurisdiction
California
Recently, I was terminated from a major corporation via phone by human resources claiming I lied during my interview regarding a past job in which I resigned and have legal proof I resigned. I am being told, my prior employer is stating I was discharged. This is not the case. Following my termination, a co-worker has told me 1. False rumors are being spread regarding my termination. 2. The rumor mill is now claiming there is a sexual harassment claim against me. I feel this is wrongful termination by defamation and is tort. And now my name is being slandered. I have not relieved any formal documentation or any advisement of allegations. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

An employer doesn't need to offer you a reason for terminating you.
I suggest you seek new employment, apply for unemployment, and forget about the he said, shee said, they said.

If you just gotta get justice, hire a lawyer and instruct him or her to sue someone for some reason.

In your state, most lawyers would gladly follow your orders for a $15,000 upfront retainer.

Good luck.

A wrongful termination does not mean you were termed for something you didn't do; it means you were termed for a reason prohibited by law.

What law do you believe was violated?

Back