Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Is this technically illegal?

megk7104

Jurisdiction
Alabama
My ex left me for someone but still wanted to mess around with me. He threatened to send my nudes to my parents if I said anything to her about it. I still have the text where he said he would do it and I wanted to file a report against him but wanted to make sure something could be done first.

Nope.
Without some additional action on his part to demand payment or otherwise blackmail there isn't much to do.

You may be best off to forget he exists and don't give him reason to embarrass you.

You aren't the first to face this completely avoidable problem and you won't be the last.

My ex left me for someone but still wanted to mess around with me. He threatened to send my nudes to my parents if I said anything to her about it. I still have the text where he said he would do it and I wanted to file a report against him but wanted to make sure something could be done first.

Never allow any man or woman to degrade you.

You are a human being.

You are less than no other human being.

Never allow anyone to use you for their pleasure.

You are free to say NO, to anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.

You can file all the reports you want with whomever you want. What you've described is unquestionably blackmail, but whether the police will decide to exercise their discretion to investigate in response to your report is an entirely different question. The ball is in your court to do what you think is appropriate.

Back