IS this quit claim deed effective?

ERICL

Jurisdiction
California
Hi, I have a question about quit claim deed.

me and ex wife got divorced in 2009, I got full custody on the two children. divorce agreement provides that I was to take care of both of our children because Respondent had a boyfriend and did not want to take care of our children. Our children and I were supposed to reside at our family residence which was awarded to me so that Respondent would not need to pay child support. and the house should be transferred to two children when you 18 y/o.
However, when Respondent learned in October 2012 that I had a girlfriend, Respondent became very angry. She forced me to sign a quit claim deed to give away my interest in the property to her. She was harassing and fighting with me and our children every day trying to force me to sign the Deed. Signing the Deed was never my will. And I would never want to give up the residence because our children need a home. However, Respondent intimidated me by conducting violence towards both of our children. Moreover, she made our children and myself homeless. In addition, Respondent threatened me about my sister's family. I was extremely worried about our children's safety as well as their mental health. Eventually, I was forced to sign the Deed under her constant threatening.

the MSA says this house should be transferred to our two kids when they turn to 18 y/o, but the title is with my ex. she never transfer it to me. Now she is trying to sell the house.

My question is, can I win in a motion to set aside this quit claim deed? this deed was notarized.

Thanks!

You need a real lawyer TODAY, not a discussion board.

below is the deed, is this legal one?
Thanks!

---------------------------------------
For valuable consideration, I xxx here by remise, release and forever quitclaim(s) to Yyyy the following described real property in the City of qqqq, County of SANTA CLARA, State of California:
1111 n 1st st.
L.A, CA 91111

DATE:
State of California
County of _______________

On ____________, before me, _________________ a Notary Public in and for said County and State, personally appeared _____________________, who proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) whose name(S) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s) or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.

I certify under PENALTY OF PERJURY under the laws of the state of California that the foregoing paragraph is true and correct.

WITNESS my hand and official seal.

Signature: ________________________

below is the deed, is this legal one?
Thanks!

---------------------------------------
For valuable consideration, I xxx here by remise, release and forever quitclaim(s) to Yyyy the following described real property in the City of qqqq, County of SANTA CLARA, State of California:
1111 n 1st st.
L.A, CA 91111

DATE:
State of California
County of _______________

On ____________, before me, _________________ a Notary Public in and for said County and State, personally appeared _____________________, who proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) whose name(S) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s) or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.

I certify under PENALTY OF PERJURY under the laws of the state of California that the foregoing paragraph is true and correct.

WITNESS my hand and official seal.

Signature: ________________________

Quitclaim deeds are normally worthless.
Most people, as well as lenders, seek a warranty deed.

Smart home buyers want warranty deeds, too.

However, your former spouse seems okay with using that quit claim deed to oust you, her children, and place the home on offer.

As suggested, you need to hire a lawyer ASAP.

Back