Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISSVIRGO79

My daughters father and I already have a custody order that was established when he was charged with domestic violence against me. It has been at least 5 years since the proceedings and we ahve both moved on with our lives and shared custody of our children without incident. Recently I had a problem with his mother after my children were there for the weekend. I told their father that I didnt want to deal with his parents any longer and we would have to continue dealing with the visitation directly. I never denied him visitation. Now he has served me with order to show cause seeking visitation (that he already is entitled to!) He not only lied and stated he has been unable to see his kids but also falsified the documents when he stated we had no previous court orders. He also made several mistakes on the order to show cause such as:
1. On the front page he listed himself as the petitioner as well as the county of San Joaquin. All the rest of the forms he listed himself as the respondent and has the County of San Joaquin listed as the petitioner.
2. Made requests on the order as the respondent when he is the petitioner.
3. Lied on his supporting facts.
4. Excluded response forms
5. served me with the forms 5 days before court date

Are these documents even legal since they are filled out wrong and full of lies?
Do I have to attend the hearing?
Can I file a motion to dismiss due to the above stated facts?
PLEASE HELP

My daughters father and I already have a custody order that was established when he was charged with domestic violence against me. It has been at least 5 years since the proceedings and we ahve both moved on with our lives and shared custody of our children without incident. Recently I had a problem with his mother after my children were there for the weekend. I told their father that I didnt want to deal with his parents any longer and we would have to continue dealing with the visitation directly. I never denied him visitation. Now he has served me with order to show cause seeking visitation (that he already is entitled to!) He not only lied and stated he has been unable to see his kids but also falsified the documents when he stated we had no previous court orders. He also made several mistakes on the order to show cause such as:
1. On the front page he listed himself as the petitioner as well as the county of San Joaquin. All the rest of the forms he listed himself as the respondent and has the County of San Joaquin listed as the petitioner.
2. Made requests on the order as the respondent when he is the petitioner.
3. Lied on his supporting facts.
4. Excluded response forms
5. served me with the forms 5 days before court date

Are these documents even legal since they are filled out wrong and full of lies?
Do I have to attend the hearing?
Can I file a motion to dismiss due to the above stated facts?
PLEASE HELP

I can't help you with your other questions, but don't EVER ignore a hearing. If you do, your ex may get what he wants by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back