Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpingfriend

Can the lawyer for my condo association (who also owns 2 units in the building and as such is a board member of the association) place a lien against my property for unpaid maintenance fees and then sell this lien to himself? Is this legal? I have no problem paying what I owe -I've already paid more than half of the sum and am in the process of paying the balance but I feel that he is charging me all kinds of penalties and interests that are unwarranted. Thank you.

Can the lawyer for my condo association (who also owns 2 units in the building and as such is a board member of the association) place a lien against my property for unpaid maintenance fees and then sell this lien to himself? Is this legal? I have no problem paying what I owe -I've already paid more than half of the sum and am in the process of paying the balance but I feel that he is charging me all kinds of penalties and interests that are unwarranted. Thank you.
The penalties and interests are probably part of your original agreement when you bought the property and has nothing to do with his eventual purchase of the debt from the condo association. Take a look at your written documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back