Is this lease valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPfuse

My jurisdiction is: Mississippi

Hello all!

Recently my wife signed a lease for an apartment sight unseen. She had seen several photos and descriptions, but once we arrived, the property was not as described. After several conversations, they have agreed to make several repairs or move us to another unit. In either case, I'm still not comfortable with the property and would like to get out of the lease and move on. The lease is pretty agressive and has no provisions for breaking the lease. Any breach requires us to pay the full amount of the lease.

The only thing I noticed wrong is the the lease states in the second line "it is understood that the leassee's rental space (hereinafter called the "premises") consists of the exclusive use and occupancy of four of the bedrooms". Later the lease lists the adress of the apartment, which is a two bedroom unit. Is this technicality enoungh to hold up in court should it come to that? We've tried to get an amiable relase, but the pm is refusing. I hate to try breaking this on a technicality, but we are very dissapointed in the property, although that is not a reason we can take to court. Also, we've been stuck in the unit for 5 days, so this also may affect our options.

Thanks in advance,
dp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back