Is this harassment?

1982_sarah

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Myself and my two kids live in a house and have these two neighbors that have called multiple agencies multiple times in the last yr and a half. I have a section 8 voucher through HRA so they have called HRA lieing saying I have multiple people and dogs living in my house. Which could make me lose my voucher!! Called our city office stating I'm not mowing my grass, so when a police came by and saw that my grass was mowed just didn't get the back corner. They just gave me a warning but my landlord still called me saying I need to move out and now getting evicted. Then got another text msg from my landlord this morning saying the city called him saying I threatened him.. Later finding out my 13 yr old daudaughter wrote a note which I seen the letter and she didn't threaten them at all! Will be moving out of here in hopefully two wks and won't do anything till we're out of here but is there anything I can do?

Unfortunately, I doubt if anything actionable happened and you aren't likely to be able to afford what it takes to get a lawyer involved.

There are probably ways to fight the termination but all you succeed in doing is keeping the lunatic neighbors and lunatic landlord on your case.

Up to you, but it might be to your advantage to start fresh someplace else and hope you end up surrounded by a better class of people.

Back