Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Is this harassment and/or grounds for restraining order?

G

This is a transcript of several phone calls. There was one call before this, but nothing remarkable about the call, other than the cell phone connection suddenly dropped and the caller called back to this doctor's office. The clinic's responses were typed in all caps for visual clarity, no other reason. Names and locations and other info has been changed for privacy sake.

I would like to know if others would consider this to be harassment. I could give a lot more information, but I would like to know if this looks like harassment without knowing any other information that could possibly justify the actions of the caller.
I very much welcome any feedback.

RINGING 1 ... 2 ... (Name of clinic) THIS IS (name of person on the phone)

Clinic: hi my name is ----- and I called earlier to find out the status of faxing my paperwork to me and then I was put on hold and my phone dropped the call. Did you get the release form I faxed to you?

Clinic: THE FORM REQUESTED IS IN THE MAIL because NO RELEASE OF INFO WAS received TO SEND TOT HE FAX number U REQUESTED (doctors name) IS OFF TODAY THEREFORE I HAVE NO OTHER INFO TO GIVE U

AJ: no I did fax in a release form allowing it to be faxed to my own fax

Clinic: WELL UH

AJ: number it is my fax machine. It does not require a release any more than my home address, but I faxed you a release anyhow, did you get it?

Clinic: THEN OK WE DID NOT RECEIVE IT SO THAT S THE ONLY INFO I HAVE FOR YOU GA THE FORM IS IN THE MAIL

AJ: ok I am giving you info now. I am giving info to you. I will repeat the fax number to you when you are ready. where did you mail it? Please let me know when ready for me to give you my fax and mailing address.

Clinic: I WILL HAVE TO HAVE (doctor A) TALK TO U ABOUT THIS ON MONDAY SINCE SHE IS OUT OF THE OFFICE TODAY.

AJ: no. I have a right to my records. I can't call on Monday. This has taken too long and my meeting with insurance is 10am today. Today. Not Monday. I'm not doing this wild goose chase

Clinic: AS

AJ: please get your office manager. My insurance meeting was moved up to today, Kirsten told me to call here. the forms are due at 10am this morning. I don't even know what you mailed to me. I need to speak to the office manager please
Clinic: FAR AS I KNOW IT S A LETTER THAT (doctor A) WROTE THAT SHE HAS PUT IN THE MAIL I LL DO WHAT I CAN BUT THAT S THE ONLY INFO I HAVE FOR U

AJ: I need to speak to the manager now. I need to know where

Clinic: (LINE DISCONNECTED)

AJ: Redialed

Clinic:(RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... (F) (name of clinic) THIS IS (name of called party) (PLACED CALL ON HOLD) (HOLDING . . TY FOR HOLDING HOW MAY I HELP U?

AJ: this is ------- . I'm terribly sorry the line keeps dropping the call. It's not working today so the quicker we can do this the better. I need to speak to the office manager or (name of supervising doctor, Dr B) pls understand that I

Clinic: (dr B ) IS NOT IN THE OFFICE I CAN HAVE (dr A) TALK TO U ON MONDAY YOU WILL NEED TO CALL THEN AND I HAVE GIVEN U ALL THE INFO THAT I

AJ: I have been talking to the medical board and (dr B) giving out info to people without releases is illegal and now not giving me my own info or the forms in timely fashion is delaying my care elsewhere. I need to know how to communicate with your office manager or privacy officer per the privacy notice you

Clinic: HAVE THE OFFICE MANAGER IS NOT IN TODAY

AJ: please take this message down for (name of supervising doctor, Dr B) - he could lose his license at this point for doing this to me. Giving out info with no authorization to others while now failing to give me and authorized doctors information needed to transfer care is malpractice and continuing to do this could lead to sanction from medical board and keep doing it and he will lose license

Clinic: I VE GIVEN U ALL THE INFO THAT I HAVE AND (dr A) IS NOT IN THE OFFICE AND I CANNOT PROVIDE U WITH ANYTHING ELSE WE HAVE NO AUTHORIZATION TO FAX THE FORMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL AND SPEAK (dr A) ON MONDAY

AJ: then how did you speak to the office manager (when I called) earlier? I can not call on Monday. ga

Clinic: RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... (F) (name of clinic) THIS IS (name of called party) CAN I PUT U ON hold FOR JUST ONE SECOND please Q (CALL ON HOLD) (MUSIC PLAYING) (HOLDING . . . ,. . . ,THIS IS (name of called party)

AJ: hi, I'm not sure what happened there if you hung up on me? Should I just have a process server come serve your office in person the release form to finally resolve this? I'm not calling again on Monday and I consider this to be malpractice. Be sure to let (name of supervising doctor) know I'm going to pursue meeting with lawyer about this mess and have them handle it from here. Not call again on Monday. He is delaying transfer of care by refusing to fax the letters to my home my home to me and it causing further harm from his patient abandonment and refusal to provide timely info needed to transfer care and its could be grounds for him I lose his license. be sure to let him know and let the office manager know please do let her know my request and your decision to not fax the forms or tell me how to contact your privacy office today since you already talked to her once today. I never authorized him talking to my friends and you violated HIPAA while refusing my own info so I can please go somewhere else. I want a new doctor please

Clinic: FORM REQUEST IS IN THE MAIL BECAUSE NO RELEASE OF INFO WAS RECEIVED TO SEND TO THE FAX NUMBER U REQUESTED (Dr A) IS OFF TODAY THEREFORE I HAVE NO OTHER INFO TO GIVE U

AJ: I have the confirmation for the release forms. Should I just have a process server serve your office in person the release forms so there is no more issue with that?! What address should they go to? They can deliver you a release form in person

Clinic: (name of doctor A) OUT OF THE OFFICE TODAY AND I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING THAT LETTER WITHOUT HER PRESENCE YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK TO HER ON MONDAY (PERSON HUNG UP)

AJ: redialed

Clinic: RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... (F) (name of clinic) CAN U please HOLD Q (HOLDING) PLEASE LET THEM KNOW THEY NEED TO CALL ON MONDAY TO SPEAK TO (doctor A) ABOUT THE FORMS (PERSON HUNG UP)

This is a transcript of several phone calls. There was one call before this, but nothing remarkable about the call, other than the cell phone connection suddenly dropped and the caller called back to this doctor's office. The clinic's responses were typed in all caps for visual clarity, no other reason. Names and locations and other info has been changed for privacy sake.

I would like to know if others would consider this to be harassment. I could give a lot more information, but I would like to know if this looks like harassment without knowing any other information that could possibly justify the actions of the caller.
I very much welcome any feedback.

RINGING 1 ... 2 ... (Name of clinic) THIS IS (name of person on the phone)

Clinic: hi my name is ----- and I called earlier to find out the status of faxing my paperwork to me and then I was put on hold and my phone dropped the call. Did you get the release form I faxed to you?

Clinic: THE FORM REQUESTED IS IN THE MAIL because NO RELEASE OF INFO WAS received TO SEND TOT HE FAX number U REQUESTED (doctors name) IS OFF TODAY THEREFORE I HAVE NO OTHER INFO TO GIVE U

AJ: no I did fax in a release form allowing it to be faxed to my own fax

Clinic: WELL UH

AJ: number it is my fax machine. It does not require a release any more than my home address, but I faxed you a release anyhow, did you get it?

Clinic: THEN OK WE DID NOT RECEIVE IT SO THAT S THE ONLY INFO I HAVE FOR YOU GA THE FORM IS IN THE MAIL

AJ: ok I am giving you info now. I am giving info to you. I will repeat the fax number to you when you are ready. where did you mail it? Please let me know when ready for me to give you my fax and mailing address.

Clinic: I WILL HAVE TO HAVE (doctor A) TALK TO U ABOUT THIS ON MONDAY SINCE SHE IS OUT OF THE OFFICE TODAY.

AJ: no. I have a right to my records. I can't call on Monday. This has taken too long and my meeting with insurance is 10am today. Today. Not Monday. I'm not doing this wild goose chase

Clinic: AS

AJ: please get your office manager. My insurance meeting was moved up to today, Kirsten told me to call here. the forms are due at 10am this morning. I don't even know what you mailed to me. I need to speak to the office manager please
Clinic: FAR AS I KNOW IT S A LETTER THAT (doctor A) WROTE THAT SHE HAS PUT IN THE MAIL I LL DO WHAT I CAN BUT THAT S THE ONLY INFO I HAVE FOR U

AJ: I need to speak to the manager now. I need to know where

Clinic:(RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... (F) (name of clinic) THIS IS (name of called party) (PLACED CALL ON HOLD) (HOLDING . . TY FOR HOLDING HOW MAY I HELP U?

AJ: this is ------- . I'm terribly sorry the line keeps dropping the call. It's not working today so the quicker we can do this the better. I need to speak to the office manager or (name of supervising doctor, Dr B) pls understand that I

Clinic: (dr B ) IS NOT IN THE OFFICE I CAN HAVE (dr A) TALK TO U ON MONDAY YOU WILL NEED TO CALL THEN AND I HAVE GIVEN U ALL THE INFO THAT I

AJ: I have been talking to the medical board and (dr B) giving out info to people without releases is illegal and now not giving me my own info or the forms in timely fashion is delaying my care elsewhere. I need to know how to communicate with your office manager or privacy officer per the privacy notice you

Clinic: HAVE THE OFFICE MANAGER IS NOT IN TODAY

AJ: please take this message down for (name of supervising doctor, Dr B) - he could lose his license at this point for doing this to me. Giving out info with no authorization to others while now failing to give me and authorized doctors information needed to transfer care is malpractice and continuing to do this could lead to sanction from medical board and keep doing it and he will lose license

Clinic: I VE GIVEN U ALL THE INFO THAT I HAVE AND (dr A) IS NOT IN THE OFFICE AND I CANNOT PROVIDE U WITH ANYTHING ELSE WE HAVE NO AUTHORIZATION TO FAX THE FORMS. YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL AND SPEAK (dr A) ON MONDAY

AJ: then how did you speak to the office manager (when I called) earlier? I can not call on Monday. ga

Clinic: RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... (F) (name of clinic) THIS IS (name of called party) CAN I PUT U ON hold FOR JUST ONE SECOND please Q (CALL ON HOLD) (MUSIC PLAYING) (HOLDING . . . ,. . . ,THIS IS (name of called party)

AJ: hi, I'm not sure what happened there if you hung up on me? Should I just have a process server come serve your office in person the release form to finally resolve this? I'm not calling again on Monday and I consider this to be malpractice. Be sure to let (name of supervising doctor) know I'm going to pursue meeting with lawyer about this mess and have them handle it from here. Not call again on Monday. He is delaying transfer of care by refusing to fax the letters to my home my home to me and it causing further harm from his patient abandonment and refusal to provide timely info needed to transfer care and its could be grounds for him I lose his license. be sure to let him know and let the office manager know please do let her know my request and your decision to not fax the forms or tell me how to contact your privacy office today since you already talked to her once today. I never authorized him talking to my friends and you violated HIPAA while refusing my own info so I can please go somewhere else. I want a new doctor please

Clinic: FORM REQUEST IS IN THE MAIL BECAUSE NO RELEASE OF INFO WAS RECEIVED TO SEND TO THE FAX NUMBER U REQUESTED (Dr A) IS OFF TODAY THEREFORE I HAVE NO OTHER INFO TO GIVE U

AJ: I have the confirmation for the release forms. Should I just have a process server serve your office in person the release forms so there is no more issue with that?! What address should they go to? They can deliver you a release form in person

Clinic: (name of doctor A) OUT OF THE OFFICE TODAY AND I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING THAT LETTER WITHOUT HER PRESENCE YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK TO HER ON MONDAY (PERSON HUNG UP)

AJ: redialed

Clinic: RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... (F) (name of clinic) CAN U please HOLD Q (HOLDING) PLEASE LET THEM KNOW THEY NEED TO CALL ON MONDAY TO SPEAK TO (doctor A) ABOUT THE FORMS (PERSON HUNG UP)

Harassment is relative.
One call could be considered harassing by one person, while another person might not consider calls to be harassing until the 20th call has been received.

Harassment aside, an emergency is not as important to others as it might seem to you.

It appears the clinic representative informed the caller that a form had been mailed.

The clinic's response may not have been as timely as the caller had desired, but the clinic owed no legal duty that had been breached.

If you believe you were wronged, retain an attorney and authorize your attorney to bring a lawsuit.

There's nothing an internet forum can provide other than words.

Last edited:
The caller (AJ?) should call back when he or she was asked to call back. To continue to call and harass the clinic staff when AJ has been told how to proceed can potentially be a misdemeanor crime under PC 653m for annoying and harassing calls. It's doubtful they will call the police on you, but, that IS a possibility.

So, call back next week s instructed.

Back