Consumer Law, Warranties Is this contract legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellyluv5

My fiancee' and I have signed something of a before marriage pre-nup.
After I caught him cheating a year ago, he suggested a contract that stated that if he was unfaithful (proven infidelity) then he would have to pay 6 months of my rent and security deposit for my new house (because I would need to move out of his home)
I am currently not working and taking care of his child (we have no children together). Meanwhile, he earns over six figures.
The contract was signed and dated by both of us.
Yesterday I found him on several adult websites and also found nude pictures in his phone.
Can this contract be honored? Is it legal?
It is not notarized.
Please help.

My fiancee' and I have signed something of a before marriage pre-nup.
After I caught him cheating a year ago, he suggested a contract that stated that if he was unfaithful (proven infidelity) then he would have to pay 6 months of my rent and security deposit for my new house (because I would need to move out of his home)
I am currently not working and taking care of his child (we have no children together). Meanwhile, he earns over six figures.
The contract was signed and dated by both of us.
Yesterday I found him on several adult websites and also found nude pictures in his phone.
Can this contract be honored? Is it legal?
It is not notarized.
Please help.

It would have been better to have taken it to a notary and had it stamped.

Google contract law for your state. In Montana it would hold up. Don't know about it where you are at. If you can't find it, tell me your state and I will post the link on here for you.

Probably all boils down to how nasty you want to get. No judge has said it is void as of yet, sooooo, technicaly, you do have a right to attempt to enforce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back