Is this age discrimination?

O

Onionsayswhat

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
IS the below age discrimination?

Good Morning,

I am reaching out to you today because you have been identified through our network as someone who may be interested in our Business Development Program.

******''s Business Development program is known in the industry as a highly competitive place to launch a career in sales. Our Business Development Representatives have gone on to be leaders in Field Sales, Marketing and Account Management in the Boston tech community.

We are opening our doors on Wednesday, May 17th to talented individuals starting their careers to share an evening of networking, a panel discussion on starting your career at ***** and a meet-and-greet with current Business Development Representatives.

This free event is ideal for rising Seniors, current Seniors and Recent graduates! Here is the ticket link:

What makes you think there is even the hint of discrimination in what you've posted?

where was this job marketing/posting placed? It just says the event is ideal for those group, not that other groups can not attend or will not be hired. It's a specific even for talented individuals starting careers....btw, all the groups listed could be of any age -- the record for oldest college graduate is age 99

I am not seeing age discrimination either....you are making an assumption on the age of seniors and graduates

I am not seeing age discrimination either....you are making an assumption on the age of seniors and graduates

LOL, I took the term senior to mean "soon to graduate", not the senior of a certain age.

I removed the link.

I usually remove those links, as you never know what will be on the other end, or what it will do to your electronic device.
I never click on links provided from sources I don't know.

so did I -- I have two who graduate -- one this weekend and one next weekend...and they are on the "young" side LOL. But I was trying to point out that college/hs status doesn't always equal a specific age...

I agree with removing the link...just curious as to whether this was on a college job posting board or something broader - like Indeed...

so did I -- I have two who graduate -- one this weekend and one next weekend...and they are on the "young" side LOL. But I was trying to point out that college/hs status doesn't always equal a specific age...

I agree with removing the link...just curious as to whether this was on a college job posting board or something broader - like Indeed...

Congratulations, may they BOTH find gainful employment rapidly. LOL

From what I could tell, it was some sort of link to a private job fair activity.

Back