Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass is this a federal offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noslenwerd

a buddy of mine recently got in trouble on our school campus (college) and the school went thruogh his room, and found his check book, went on to look through his checkbook, and asked him questions about transactions he has made...

I heard it is a federal offense to look through someones check book with out their permission, if this is true, what would the penalty be for this?

Who told you that?

Originally posted by noslenwerd
a buddy of mine recently got in trouble on our school campus (college) and the school went thruogh his room, and found his check book, went on to look through his checkbook, and asked him questions about transactions he has made...

I heard it is a federal offense to look through someones check book with out their permission, if this is true, what would the penalty be for this?

never heard of such a law. You mean I cannot look through my wife's checkbook to see where she spent all my hard earned money? :) :) :) :)

Originally posted by noslenwerd
well yea, but it was hired security who looked through my friends checkbook
That doesn't change the fact that there is no federal offense. It would be ridiculous. This might be an illegal search and trespassing but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back