Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication is there a statute of limitations for dui in ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

concretephil

I was pulled over in claremont county in southern oh and charged with dui (I blew a .148 if that has relavence),s speeding and driving under suspension about five years ago. due to my EXTREMELY limited finances I've never had the money to secure a lawyer that I trusted to do a good job defending me and don't see that situation improving very soon. I was wondering if there was a statute of limitations on dui charges in claremont county,ohio and if so,how long is it and what do I do to get rid of any warrant for failure to appear on the matter? I know what I did was stupid and I haven't drivin since. I just want to get this matter resolved without goin to jail for some rediculous amount of time, and as I said before, I won't have the money for a good lawyer till who knows when (it's already been 5 yrs)

If you would have went to court when you should have most likely you would have gotten your license suspended for a year a big fine MAYBE 30 days jail time and thats about all. In this case it seems like your have sentenced yourself to 5 years with no license and worrying about a lawyer, seems like your personal guilt has given you a harder sentence then you would have gotten in court. They are likely going to be harder on you now but get a court appointed lawyer and get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back