is neighbors behavior considered harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linafelicia

i'm a single woman and i live in a basement/garden apartment in a house with 2 other apartments. the middle-floor apartment is occupied by two (straight) men (app 35 and 50 years old) and i'm having a lot of problems with them.
the younger man insists in standing right outside my apartment (app. 2 feet away) when he takes his dogs out early mornings (8am) and nights (past dark and up until 1.30 am).
this causes a lot of stress to me, since my apartment is on ground level and is very small and exposed and not very private as it is. i have told him multiple times that i would appreciate it if he could walk his dogs after dark (like i do with mine) and hang out with them in the back of the yard instead. he replied to this in a VERY hostile manner, calling me a "fucking bitch" and "fucking crazy". i should mention that before this situation we also had a disagreement when he wanted to put a huge grill/bbq equipment right in front of my window and i told him i didn't like that idea since it would mean having my entire 250 sq feet apartment filled with smoke. that time he seemed upset, bt more in a pouty and defiant sort of way.
so after the name-calling i talked to my landlord who talked to him and it was getting better for a little while. however, i started to ignore both of them, not saying hi and avoiding them altogether, because they both make me feel uncomfortable and disrespected. (his roommate was never hostile but seems to have some sort of personality disorder, likely from drug-abuse, and is just weird and annoying)
so i think this triggered him to start bothering me again and in the last 2-3 months he's been throwing my mail on the ground, blocking my door with a garbage can, leaving litter in my walkway and the one thing that really has been getting to me is so ridicilous, appalling and absurd that i almost feel embarrassed saying it;
every single morning when he stands there with his dogs, he farts. really loudly, at least once, 2 feet away from where he knows i'm sitting eating breakfast. every single day.
it's absolutely repulsive and it makes me not just completely grossed ot, but also very uncomfortable, since i know he does this to show some sort of odd dominance and to make me feel intimidated.
so my question is; is this "just" him being a jerk or is this considered harassment? i should add that he actually was arrested about a year and a half ago for assaulting the female neighbor on the 3rd floor. he never went to court for that though.
i feel like he's putting so much stress and discomfort in my life and i would very much like to get him out of the building. however i'm scared that by taking this case further, it would make his behavior even worse.
i would be very thankful for some input!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back