Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Is my neighbor harassing me, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srschutte

Okay, So I have lived in a duplex since Oct. 2008 and it's been the same two guys living there the entire time. Over the course of my residency here, one of them, and just the one, has been rude, and crude, and otherwise rather intolerable. It started with the partying, mind you he was underage to be drinking as well, and he and his friends littered beer cans all over the yard and neighborhood and vomited in our yard repeatedly. I did not call the cops. I went and cleaned it all up the day after because in the lease it says I am responsible for the upkeep of the yard. I had said something out the window to him and his friends about how they were being loud and it was about 2am, only to be met with obscence gestures and words. He screamed at me, not yelling, screaming. Again, I could have, but I didn't call the cops. I am not that kind of person. But someone can only take so much. For the past year, occurances of this nature have been frequent, all the while I did nothing, which I regret. But just this morning, I was awoken by a slam and yelling. I lay in bed listening, then attempt sleep...this is normal. But he keeps slamming his door, it shakes the house. I opened my window and said "shut up, it's..." I didnt even finish to say it was 6am on a sunday...no. He immediatly started screaming at me, calling me offensive names, which I expected. But then I said, "I will call the cops" and he asked what for.."noise complaint" I stated. He said "do it B*%^$!!!" or rather screamed it. So I did, they came and spoke to him and left. Now he is pacing outside our shared residence saying things like "bring it I don't got all day" and this has been going on for an hour. I have not responded to this. I'm ignoring it. Unfortunatly, I know ignoring it will not work forever. I do fear that he will do something to harm myself or my pet. I fear he will try to damage my car, or break into my home. I dont feel this is an irrational fear as he obviously has extreme anger issues and isn't getting the response he obviously wants:violence. I'm going to stay the heck away from him, but if he continues this, or actually does something to make my stated fears valid, what can I do? Is it harassment what he's doing right now? I am moving in May and I think he knows that, so a RO would not help. Do I have to wait until something actually happens for something to be done about this? Please help. Thanks.

Yes, laws do not prohibit future or anticipated criminal conduct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

call the cops again and tell them he is screaming vulger things to you. Record it, do not let some punk keep you in fear. Hope the rest of your day is peaceful.

thanks guys. he left a rather threatening note on my car....so that's what he was doing outside...hmmm. I took it to the police and filed a complaint, they came to his door and confronted him although I don't know what was said. And then funny funny, his mother showed up and started yelling at him. I feel much better now, if he bothers me again the police will take care of it, they assured me of that while I was at the PD. again, thanks for your input.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back