Is my employer being fair here?

Frankz

I started working at 7 eleven, im doing 48 hours a week ($8.75 an hour) and suppose to get pay for overtime. Now, the problem is that i just received my first pay and made roughly $380 (and that's rounding it up) and whats worse i got it through "money network service" i had to call up and activate my card. So whats bothering me is the amount im getting payed and the fact i can't see my tax deductions. Is this legal? I was under the impression that this would be something like any other retail store you work for. Am i missing something?

I think my main concern is to see my gross, my net, my taxes being deducted, just documents about it. I don't get it, im working over 40 hours, and im not even getting full benefits like im suppose to right? I'm upset because the hours are long and over night and i feel this isnt right

You should receive something that shows gross pay and deductions. Ask your supervisor. You may have to go online for it. Ask!

Is that obligation by law to show me my gross pay and my tax deductions? cause if its i like to demand this to my employer

The law requires that information be available but does not require it be in any special format. If someone else is processing payroll, which would b the case with the cards, check with them. Most of these cards allow you to check that information on-line.

If you don't like the hours or shift, the recourse is to find another job.

The law requires that information be available but does not require it be in any special format. If someone else is processing payroll, which would b the case with the cards, check with them. Most of these cards allow you to check that information on-line.

If you don't like the hours or shift, the recourse is to find another job.

I did check with them and they told me they had nothing to do with that. I'm guessing all i have left is to talk to my employer, but what if he does not make it available or doesn't give it to me for what ever reason? what do i do then? I just want to look at this information and see my overtime hours, wage etc. I also forgot to mention, that i was told to just give them my social security number, (which i did) but i never filed a w4 form or anything, is this a red flag?

The problem isn't the job nor the hours, I just want to be treated fairly, if im being payed correctly and i can verify, then i work and im content, if not, we have a problem.

The first step is to talk to them and ask these questions. As an employer I can tell you that I strongly prefer that someone ask me something before they start demanding. Nothing wrong with you doing some homework 1st, but start out with asking. Also nothing wrong with you asking this question, "I would like to know how my taxes were calculated, since I have not completed a W4."

Back