Is my apartment complex liable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmainer

I recently moved into what was supposed to be a gated community. Which is stated on their website. About a week ago, I was robbed at gunpoint at my apartment door. The gates at the community are broken and the don't have any plans on fixing them. Do I have a case here? Thanks

I recently moved into what was supposed to be a gated community. Which is stated on their website. About a week ago, I was robbed at gunpoint at my apartment door. The gates at the community are broken and the don't have any plans on fixing them. Do I have a case here? Thanks

You might, so take your police report and visit with a couple local attorneys.
Let them hear your story, evaluate your case, and see what magic might be worked.

You might, so take your police report and visit with a couple local attorneys.
Let them hear your story, evaluate your case, and see what magic might be worked.

In the meantime, start taking pictures of things that aren't in working order.
In fact, start maintaining a log of the our of order security gates.
You might also wish to see if others have been robbed, too.
Who knows, the robber might be your neighbor?

Unless the building is surrounded by a gate that is of a stockade quality, you have no definitive way to prove whether anyone came through the broken gate or is already a resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back