K Visa Is marrying Enough???

Status
Not open for further replies.

raebaby03

Aloha,

I'm having some issues trying to figure out what's going to happen in a few years with my boyfriend and I.... He was born in Canada but has been in the US for 14 years.. (I don't believe he has his citizenship) All his family lives in Canada and mine lives in the US.. We are trying to figure out what we need to do to freely travel between countries to visit relatives? We some day plan to get married, but are unsure if that would be enough.. If anyone has any advice regarding a situation PLEASE HELP... I'm not educated on immigration rules..

Mahalo crys...

Travel between the US and Canada is rather simple. Just get a passport and you are good. Right now you don't need it for land crossing, but I take it you are in Hawaii, so air travel is in your future, and thus, you need the passport now. You would not need a visa unless you were staying longer than 6 months.

Your boyfriend should already have his citizenship issues in order since he has been here for so long. He does not require a visa to enter Canada, and would not need one to get back into the US as long as he has his green card or some other document that he is a legal alien in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back