Business Debt, Collections Is MacDowell & Associates a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikacs

I had a car with Ford Credit. It got totalled 2 months later. I was pregnant during the accident, lost my job, and could not afford to make any car payments. I have barely become stable and found my own apartment. All my money goes straight to rent and bills. I can afford very minimal payments to Ford, but I received a court summons in the mail at work, no sheriff telling me to go to court and no return address for the notice. It said that I should respond within 30 days of my summons date October 4 however the letter was post dated November 5 and I received it November 8 (which did not allow me 30 days to respond). I don't know how to respond or who to respond to. I tried to research the case number that it gave me on the notice, but the Orange County Superior Court website does not recognize the case number. According to the letter, MacDowell & Associates are representing Ford Credit. I have heard some horrible stories about these people and I cannot afford to have my wages garnished. What are my options?

Beware, scam alert, con-artists, tricksters, and grifters.

You've done your due diligence.

You don't have a pending court date.

You are only required to respond to legal court dates.

It appears these shysters wish to engage you in a conversation so they can fleece you.

Have you investigated bankruptcy?

It might be the best way to avoid the tricks these crooks play.

Consult some BK lawyers in your area.

Ask friends and relatives for the names of some good lawyers.

Visit them and discuss your options.

You appear to be the kind of person that a BK could help.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back