Is it legal to use the plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbyneksmetana

Jurisdiction
European Union
Sorry for language mistakes.
I have the option to buy the plugin to Wordpress (computer program extended functionality of Wordpress ). I would buy the program from a third person, not from the original plug-in developer. I only Buy plugins without a "license key" without the possibility of updating. The seller assures that the software is legal. I am curious if it is legal. And I can buy it and use it legally. Maybe one of you could explain that.

In the original software license it says:

License

What is the license of plugins?

All plugins are released under GNU General Public License version 2+.

Can I include plugins into my premium themes/plugins?

Yes, you can use plugins in your premium, commercial products, but you have to keep credit to metabox.io, link attribution is required.

IMPORTANT: You cannot include plugins in your free products or release/deliver them in public.

I am curious if it is legal. And I can buy it and use it legally. Maybe one of you could explain that.

The answer to that depends on the applicable law, the entire terms of the license, and exactly how you'd use the plug-in. You've said you are in the EU, so for use within the EU this would depend on not just EU law but the law of the country or countries in which you'd use the plug-in. This site focuses on law in the US, and that law is different than law in EU countries, so no one here can help you with that. Even in the US, it would matter how you are going to use the plug-in, and you've not indicated what kind of plug-in this is and what you are going to do with it.

I am not a lawyer, I do not know the law of the europen union in this matter. I mean using this program on a website ... not modifying and selling ... or something like that. Certainly 99.9999% is legal that a person who has this plugin can install it on the site for a fee. Assuming she acquired it legally from the creator of the plugin and the license is for an unlimited number of websites.

I am not a lawyer, I do not know the law of the europen union in this matter. I mean using this program on a website ... not modifying and selling ... or something like that. Certainly 99.9999% is legal that a person who has this plugin can install it on the site for a fee. Assuming she acquired it legally from the creator of the plugin and the license is for an unlimited number of websites.
This site is for United States Law only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back