Is it legal? 30 day notice to terminate

Status
Not open for further replies.

diva

i have been in this apt for 9 months and my lease was for 10 months which expires on 4/30. There have been constantly broken things in my building, the water leak, garage door, the place was not kept clean and the worse one is that about once every month the hot water would be turned off. The apt requires me to give them a 60 day notice before my lease expires, and kept sending me renew notice for renewing lease.

I feel that i deserves some discounts from the days for I was living in construction zones and my inconvenience and sent them a letter to request that. After a week, i received a letter from a lawyer whom represents the apt and said that my case is under investigation. And next day, I received a 30 day notice to terminate it states "The notice is intended as a 30 day legal notice for the purpose of terminating your tenancy in accordance with california civil code section 1946 and 1946.1."

Is it leagl for them to do that? are they broking the laws of RETALIATORY EVICTIONS California Civil Code Section 1942.5? What are my options? :mad: :confused:

I'd like to add that I was planning to renew the lease because i don't have much time to look around and i intend to buy my own place after 6 months or a year.

Please reply soon .. thanks for your helps..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back