Consumer Law, Warranties Is it enforceable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julia612

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area... I figured this would be the best place to put it. If 2 people enter into a written agreement in a war zone (on US military ground) is the agreement still enforceable once they return to the United States?

Not enough information to answer.

It's a loan agreement... my husband lent money to a friend... they are in the Army and currently deployed... the conditions of the agreement state that the loan will be repayed in full no later than June 1, 2008. They will have been home (in the US) for several months at that point. I just want to make sure that the agreement will still be able to be enforced if for some reason the person who borrowed the money decideds to go against the agreement.

Each state has it's own laws concerning these matters. What state is the Unit from? That may be the state laws that need to be followed but I am not sure. Did the loan agreement have a witness? Did the loan agreement have a payment plan of any kind? The military may have it's own laws in regards to this matter, especially between people of different rank and/or depending on if one is subordinate to the other. Tell your husband to keep all documentation from the friend in reference to the loan, any letters or emails. If the person decides to go against the agreement small claims may be the way to go if the amount loaned doesn't exceed the small claims limit.

The unit is from North Carolina. Yes there was a witness...I actually insisted on him having 2. A payment plan was set up to where $50 payments would be made every pay period for 1 full year. There was also a clause that said the person borrowing had to set up an allotment to be taken out of his paycheck and that it had to be set up within 5 days of recieving the loan. I'm pretty sure we have all of our bases covered...but I wanted to be sure. Thank you so much for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back